Just wanted you to know that these perfectly salty-sweet cookies are sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These 5 ingredient, low carb and gluten free whipped shortbread cookies are made with pistachio flour and drizzled with chocolate and sea salt! They’re a healthy Christmas cookie that melts in your mouth!
This post comes with a disclaimer:
I just want you to know that I am a Christmas-cookie inclusivist, and I love all holiday treats equally and will more than happily put spiced paleo cookies with almond butter or healthy ginger snaps into my mouth this time of the year.
There’s something about the way the buttery, flaky sweetness melts on my tongue that just sends my festive-food loving inner soul into a tail-spin of addiction, obsession and an overwhelming sense of cookie L-O-V-E.
Ask my mom (hi Mom, if you’re reading this!) She knows this, as I begged her to make approximately 42 bazillion whipped shortbread with me back in the day.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she was still finding random butter and flour around the kitchen. Fun fact about me: I’m not the best at keeping the kitchen clean in the middle of a baking frenzy.
Because of the love that I just professed, it’s OBVI that my love for Amoretti’s nut flours M-U-S-T MUUUUST be smashed together with the whipped shortbread addiction that is currently defining my life.
And, as luck would have it, (not luck at all – I planned it this way) the last super yum nut flour from Amoretti that I want to introduce you to is: PISTACHIO FLOUR. <— !!!!
!!!!!!!#Glutenfree Salted Chocolate Pistachio Whipped Shortbread Cookies are a must try! @AmorettiFoodsClick To Tweet
I wish I could just write a post of !!!!! and call it a day, because that is the only way I can describe this pretty, green nutty flour that is adding the EXTRA magical taste of pistachios to these already delicious shortbread cookies.
We’ve gone over their pecan flour in the pecan pie paleo cookies, and their hazelnut flour in the chocolate hazelnut healthy ginger snap recipe, which are very yummy inside your tummy. B-U-T, pistachios might just be my spirit nut, which means that the pistachio flour love is VRY VRY TRUE.
Think whippy, light-as-air delicate cookies with a pop of nuttiness, and then topped with ultra-rich dark chocolate and the most perfect burst of flaky sea salt that ever existed on the planet we call Earth.
Second fun fact about me: if salt was a human, I would be married to it.
Mr. FFF knows this. He understands.
You will notice that the recipe includes over 5 minutes of whipping action that you must do to achieve the ultimate level of airy-melt-in-your-mouth cookie heaven. Which means that I am noticing that your brains are thinking that you will just cut that down by half because you can’t wait ANY EXTRA AMOUNT OF TIME to get sweet, buttery, flaky circles of food-love in your face.
Don’t do it.
The whole point of calling these a “whipped shortbread cookie” is to, you know, WHIP ‘em.
Whip it. Whip it good.
You know I HAD TO.
But, for reals my friends. The combination of all the air beaten in AND using corn starch is what gives these classic Christmas treats the texture that is going to make you understand what life is truly about.
Which might be an exaggeration. But, really, it’s not.
Friends, grab your hand mixer and be prepared to really get to know it.
Then be prepared to get to know what cookie BLISS feels like as each bite melts all over your tongue in a beautiful, buttery SENSATION.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Pistachio Whipped Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup Raw Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter at room temperature (use vegan butter for vegan option)
- 1/2 tsp Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Amoretti Pistachio flour 70g
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch * 75g
- 2 Oz Melted dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a small food processor, mine is 3 cups, blend the cane sugar until fine and powdery, like icing sugar.
- Add the sugar into a large bowl, along with the butter and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy, and the mixture is very pale yellow, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary. This takes about 3 minutes.
- Add the pistachio flour and cornstarch into the bowl and beat again for another 3 minutes. Your cookie dough will look like frosting.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a parchment bag and pipe in 1.5 inch tall mounds on the cookie sheets. (If you can't fit two at once, keep the other out at room temperature)
Bake until the edges are JUST lightly golden, about 11-12 minutes. You don't want them to darken too much!
- Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then GENTLY (these are delicate!) transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
*For a grain free version, use potato starch. The cookies are just even more delicate this way.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Make sure to check out all their awesome nut flours here!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3