These healthy stuffed sweet potatoes have a pecan pie filling and only require 6 ingredients! They’re the perfect sweet and savory, gluten free Thanksgiving side dish that’s paleo and vegan friendly!
PIN Pecan Pie Healthy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Oh hello HI there MONDAY peeps!
Monday is the day where you wake up….
And it’s ALL DOWNHILL FROM THERE.
Anyway. We’re not talking about cookie dough. Currently we’re talking about your real-person life that has to ADULT and go forth into the world of OFFICE and tight pants and maybe even – GASP- toe-smushing, NOT COMFY high heels instead of those fuzzy boot slippers with TASSELS that weekend-you gets to wear.
Not that I actually own those kind of boot slippers. Or maybe I do.
EITHER WAY. In my brain “Monday’s” are filed under the category of “can we just skip them please and sleep forever instead?” I see you just sitting there and being like “uh huh. I can get behind that.”
So, since we obviously agree on EVERYTHING that is LIFE related, I know you’re going to get behind 6 INGREDIENT pecan pie twice baked sweet potatoes. <–I mean, you DID love the Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Eggs!
IE: little bites of cozy, warm, spicy-sweet fall BLISS that are going to nourish your body from the tip of your tongue ALL the way to the tip of your toes. AAAANDD make getting up and doing the “work thing” so much more manageable due to the knowledge of yummy deliciousness awaiting you in the oven upon your return to the place you call home.
Yep. All of that nestled inside a crunchy-skinned, creamy-inside-ed (??) sweet potato that is covered with a sticky-sweet, crispy pecan topping that gets your RIGHT in your comfy-fall-food loving HEART.
These healthy stuffed sweet potatoes are EVERYTHING. MAYBE even better than harvest paleo vegan stuffed sweet potatoes.
I lied. It’s only been a weekend. We had vegan pecan pie overnight oats on Friday.
Probably goes without saying: I obsess over food. Which means you get to be forced into obsessing over it too. NOT SORRY.[clickToTweet tweet=”#Paleo & #Vegan 6 Ingredient Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are a tasty #Thanksgiving side!” quote=”#Paleo & #Vegan 6 Ingredient Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are a tasty #Thanksgiving side!” theme=”style2″]
How-EV-ER, I do pinky-promise that this stuffed baked sweet potato is our LAST foray to the general good and delicious times that happens in our mouths when pecan pie flavor profiles get swirled around our taste buds and dance into our eager tummies.
BUT, I couldn’t let you go without pecan pie-i-fying a SAVORY dish. I mean, why would you want creamy-dreamy maple syrup mish-mashed with caramel-y coconut sugar and toasty bursts of perfectly nutty pecans rolling around your hungry bellies ONLY at dessert after an EPIC Thanksgiving meal?
Exactly. You wouldn’t. You would want these vegan stuffed sweet potatoes it at ALL stages.
Beyond the fact that these healthy stuffed sweet potatoes are HELLO YUMMAYYY, I also RLY RLY <3 <3 <3 them right now because:
- They are not pumpkin. I think we over pumpkin’d in September with pumpkin paleo cookies, pumpkin spice paleo magic cookie bars and pumpkin blondies in ONE WEEK. Over it. DONE WID IT.
- They taste like gluten free sweet potato pie bars and pecan pie IN ONE.
- They are not butternut squash.
Don’t get me wrong. I am a winter squash ADDICT (mostly kabocha. I have 14 of them sitting in my garage right now. NO LIE) BUT WHY ARE THEY SO SO HARD TO PREPARE?
I almost lose my fingers every time I have to chop a kabocha.
But, these paleo stuffed sweet potatoes? Still filling the mandatory quota of fall veggies goodness, but without the risk of the accidental chopping off of appendages.
I feel like you’ve had close encounters of the losing-limbs-with-winter-squash kind as well and you’re cheering right along with me on the inside.
Those taste buds are about to cheer because they’re about to embark on a journey to the land of 6 ingredient ultra-creamy, sweet and spicy Thanksgiving healthy stuffed sweet potateos side dish GLORY.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Set side for about 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Slice down the center of each potato and gently peel back just enough skin so you can scoop into the potatoes.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes into a medium bowl, making sure not to break the skin. Leave a little bit of the potato around the outsides, to help the potato hold its shape.
- Add the melted coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt into the potatoes and mash together until evenly mixed.
- Gently scoop the filling back into each potato to fill it.
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup and coconut sugar. Stir in the diced pecans.
- Divide the mixture between the potatoes, and spread out along the center of each. Note: your cinnamon mixture will not cover the tops of the potatoes, you want to spread it pretty thick.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until the cinnamon mixture has set.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 9 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(based on 6 servings)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Twice baked sweet potatoes from around the web:
Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Macadamia Ricotta – The Full Helping
Healthy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Bound By Food
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!