This easy crock pot paleo hamburger soup recipe is made in the slow cooker for a gluten free and whole30 dinner that the whole family will love! Makes great leftovers too!
PIN CROCK POT PALEO HAMBURGER SOUP RECIPE
This crock pot soup recipe is basically just a big pot of warm, cozy childhood MEMORIES.
My Momma used to make hamburger soup ALL THE TIME. I’m betting a few of you also had Momma’s who did the same thing.
It’s one of those dinners that is just SUPER EASY to make, NO ONE (or at least VERY FEW) people on planet Earth don’t like it and it’s got vegetables in it. Liiiike, vegetables that kids SLURP up without complaining.
I’m not a Mom but, if I was, I would TOTALLY see all the pluses of a life devoted to Hamburger Soup.
Because I am on a soup kick (hi kabocha squash soup and Thai crock pot chicken noodle soup!) and because adult Taylor wanted to relive the days of her youth, I decided to ask Momma for her recipe. I mean hers IS the best hamburger soup recipe.
Internet friends, there are some things in life that you just should never ask what they are made of. You know, like Cheetos or Twinkies. You just kinda eat them, don’t ask questions, and hope that you don’t die from weirdo ingredient consumption the next day.
Side note: I don’t actually eat Cheetos or Twinkies. But there are some other questionable food items. We all have ONE guilty pleasure.
I never thought that hamburger soup would fall into that category. UNTIL I SAW THE RECIPE.
Jiggly, squishy, CREEPY condensed soup? NO THANK YOU.
This easy hamburger soup recipe my internet friends? It’s what recreating your favorite childhood foods in a better-4-U way is ALL ABOUT.
How to make hamburger soup
It starts with a base of cubed sweet potatoes that swim and simmer in a pool of steaming hot, salty beef broth, cooking until they reach the MECCA of soft potato texture. Then you add some tender, from-the-earth nutrition in the form of carrots, onions and a little pop of FRESH celery and herby parsley.
So much vegetable goodness friends. It EXPLODES from the slow cooker and wraps you in a nourishing hug of from-the-earth-wholesome-nutrition and COZY DINNER VIBES.
That creepy condensed soup? NOT in this Weight Watchers Hamburger Soup. Teeny-tiny, fire-roasty diced tomatoes are adding a SERIOUSLY addicting smoky flavor profile that weaves its way through all the flavorful vegetables, cuts through the salty broth and ends with juicy, tangy tomatoes EXPLODING in your mouth as you slurp slurp SLURPPPPP.
If you wanna live on the EDGE you could even buy the fire roasted tomatoes with GARLIC. <– Do it. BE WILD AND FREE.
Tangy tomatoes? CHECK. Salty broth that is VRY necessary to soup yumminess? YEP. SO MANY VEGGIES SO LITTLE TIME? Most DEFINITELY. CARBY GOODNESS? HELLO sweet potatoes!
Obvious ingredient missing: HAMBURGER.
Little morsels of juicy, golden-brown sautéed ground beef BURST OPEN your taste buds with flavor as they combine with the mishmash of vegetables and broth that is the current situation of our slow cookin’ life.
Basically, this crock pot paleo hamburger soup recipe is the EPITOME of delicious-stupid-easy-dinners and it’s going to actually make you excited about making food for you family because:
- You didn’t REALLY have to do the work of making it. SLOW COOKER FOR THE WIN.
- There is going to be silence at the dinner table. The kind of silence that means the kids/husband/family is eating VEGGIES WITHOUT complaining
- It’s the perfect crock pot meal prep recipe, because it tastes RLY RLY good the next day too. So, you get a break from thinkin’ about packin’ lunches tomorrow. Just throw it in a tupperware, add a couple gluten-free dinner rolls to make it super filling and go!
I bet you thought you were only going to get a soup recipe today.
Instead, your WHOLE FOOD-EATING-HATE-MAKING-DINNER life has been SAVED.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Click here now and I’ll send this to you in Messenger!
- 1 1/2 Lbs Sweet Potato, Cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 5 cups cubed)
- 4 Stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 Large carrots, sliced
- 1 Large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 5 1/2 Cups Reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 14.5 ounce Cans Fire-roasted diced tomatoes (I like the ones with garlic)
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 tsp Sea salt *read notes
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Lb Lean, grass-fed ground beef (I used 93%)
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Tapioca starch
- 1/2 Cup Fresh parsley, minced + additional for garnish
- In a 7 quart slow cooker, stir together all of the ingredients, up to the ground beef.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Once the soup as cooked for 3 hours, heat a large, non-stick frying pan on medium heat and cook the beef until ti's no longer pink, draining any excess fat. Add it into the slow cooker.
- Put the tapioca starch in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 Cup +2 Tbsp of the hot broth from the slow cooker into the bowl and quickly whisk until smooth. Add it into the slow cooker, whisk the soup as you pour it in. Finally, stir in the fresh parsley.
- Cover and cook and additional 30 mins - 1 hour, until the soup has thickened up a little bit.
- Serve with extra parsley and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1/8 of the recipe)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment