Just poppin’ in to let you know that this super-easy, crazy-addictive and healthy lunch is sponsored by my friends over at Flatout!
These vegan wraps are made with mint grilled sweet potatoes, tahini cauliflower rice and spiralized cucumber noodles. They’re an easy, healthy and portable meatless meal!
Ultra-trendy, hip-and-happening people who sprinkle HEMP SEEDS in our lunches.
That is who we’re becoming guys. Liiike, right here.
With this V-E-R-Y wrap.
Except I want you to SHOVE (even forcefully) every notion of all your sad-lunches filled with boring wraps out the crooks and crannies of your brain. This bad boy (but good 4 u!) is hailing from the land of ULTRA packed with addictive bites of tender grilled sweet potatoes, fresh cucumber noodles and this crazy amazing combo of smoky grilled cauliflower rice, a taste bud punching whollop of THREE herbs and a punch of zesty lemon, tangy tahini and sweet maple syrup.
With H-E-M-P seeds. Mostly for the CRUNCH, but also for the TRENDY LUNCH HAPPENINGS.
Can’t you just feel yourself inducing lunch envy on your coworkers ALREADY?
If you’re being honest with your deep-down-inside-self, you KNOW that you want to be THAT person who everyone asks to trade lunches with.
Or was that only a “thing” in elementary school? Working from home with no coworkers has stunted the normal parts of my brain that would know such things.
Ya’ll remember the zucchini noodle blueberry basil wrap and Thai salad and cauliflower rice wrap where we discussed the HEAVEN-in-wrap-form that is Flatout ProteinUP CarbDown flatbread for people who:
- Really like food (aka: YOU. And me.)
- Really like food that tastes YUM (aka: also YOU and me)
- Want food that tastes YUM but is super nourishing and packed with PROTEIN but NOT carbs (Again, same aka.)
These tick allll the imaginary boxes that your brains made up about what it really boils down to when we think about the things that we truly want to put into our mouths. I’m using their super delish SeaSalt & Crushed Black Pepper wraps today, but their Core12 version, or even their gluten free flatbread would be SOSO tasty if needed.
Muscle boosting PROTEIN? UH HUH. Low carb awesomeness? YEUP. SUPER TASTY? GOT IT. Portable lunch perfection? NAILED IT.
You know what is also perfection? GRILLED cauliflower rice. There were many sad days where we made things like mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice, cauliflower rice fish taco bowls and egg muffins with cauliflower rice, before I discovered (in the Mexican chicken bowls from last week) that you can GRILL IT.
HOLY LIFE CHANGING MOMENT.
Straight up. A white chunky thing grown from the EARTH has NEVER been SO delicious. Like, so delicious I’m probably going to have to start grilling in the middle of winter when the cauliflower rice munchin’ urge hits.
Imagine with me, if you will, these crazy good mish mash of flavors that will make your taste buds tingle ALL the way down to your tippy toes when they hit your tongue: cool, crisp mint, lemony-y cilantro, and fresh parsley. Got it?
Now, with ALL of that, throw down some creamy, smooth and slightly nutty tahini sauce, zesty POPS of lemon and sticky-sweet maple syrup.
TOTAL FOOD BLISS THOUGHTS HAPPENING IN YOUR BRAIN AT THIS MOMENT RIGHT?
Unless you are a weird person who does not like magical flavor combinations that wake up your taste buds to the wonderful place that we call this world.
You, my friend, can go on and continue eating your Pb and J.
The rest of us though?
We’re just over here being really excited about all things delicious, trendy-food and filling our tummies up with GOOD VIBES only.
Mint Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Cauliflower Rice Wrap
These vegan wraps are made with mint grilled sweet potatoes, tahini cauliflower rice and spiralized cucumber noodles. They're an easy, healthy and portable meatless meal!
For the wrap:
- 2 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 1/2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper
- Half a medium sweet potato peeled (about 120g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cilantro roughly chopped and lightly packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian parsley roughly chopped and lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh mint thinly sliced and firmly packed
- 1 tsp Lemon zest tightly packed (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/2 Large cucumber spiralized with the 3mm blade
- 2 Flatout ProteinUP CarbDown SeaSalt & Crushed Black Pepper OR Core12 Flatbread Wraps (use the Flatout gluten free wrap if needed)
- 1 tsp Hemp hearts
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your grill to medium/high and place a grill basket on while the grill is heating.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cauliflower with 1 tsp of the oil, reserving the rest for later. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the grill has reached about 350 degrees (which takes 10-15 mins) place the cauliflower florets into the grill basket and cook until fork-tender and charred, about 13-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- While the cauliflower cooks, slice the potato into 1/4 inch thick wedges. Place into a medium bowl and toss with the remaining 1/2 tsp of oil, making sure each wedge is nice and coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, transfer to a bowl and remove the grill basket. Place the sweet potato wedges onto the grill over direct heat and cook until charred and and tender, flipping once. This takes about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) along with the cilantro, parsley, mint and lemon zest. Pulse until rice-like and the herbs are well mixed in. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cauliflower and mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finally, press the cucumber noodles out between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between both wraps, laying out flat. Then, divide the cauliflower rice mixture evenly over top, followed by the cucumber noodles.
- Sprinkle the top with the hemp hearts, roll up tightly (they're full!) and DEVOUR.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FLATOUT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Flatout Flatbread on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 9 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan recipes with tahini?