Just wanted you to know that this boozy baked treat is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
This gluten free coffee cake tastes like a strawberry mimosa and is perfect for Spring brunch! It’s so moist and tender that you’d never know it’s healthy!
You know how they say the best things in life are free?
I’m putting in a vote to change the saying to “the best things in life are baked goods with booze.”
You remember the vegan truffles with champagne and bacon beer cupcakes so I don’t think I even need to explain why I’m asking you to sign a pretend internet petition to change the saying. I’m PRETTY sure you can get down on boozy baking.
Straight up. It’s like a Mimosa in a CAKE FORM. WITHHHHHH some strawberry pizazz to make it a little more sparkly. <–If you don’t dig the eggs in here you could totally try the gluten free VEGAN coffee cake!
Whatever that means.
In other news, did you know that Mother’s Day is JUUUUUUUUST around the corner? I don’t even know your Mom, but I can guess that she wouldn’t mind starting her day with a slice of MOMosa cake and champagne.[clickToTweet tweet=”Celebrate Mom with a #glutenfree Strawberry ‘Momosa’ Coffee cake for brunch! @AmorettiFoods” quote=”Celebrate Mom with a #glutenfree Strawberry ‘Momosa’ Coffee cake for brunch! @AmorettiFoods” theme=”style2″]
Yep. Totally mish-mashed these flavor profiles together just so we could get all cutesy with names.
You know me too well.
If you’ve ever had a Mimosa before, you will know that there are t-w-o MAIN, KEY, GOTTA-HAVE-THEM ingredients to making the most slurpable, fresh, morning-approved adult beverage:
- Orange juice
- Champagne (<3 <3)
BUTBUTBUT, what if you don’t LOVE oranges? (like me.) What if you LOVE strawberries? Can you make a strawberry Mimosa? DOES THAT COUNT?
Well, I tested that idea for you.
To give this gluten free coffee cake a SRSLY delicious, fresh and sweet strawberry taste, I used Amoretti’s Natural Wild Strawberry Champagne extract.
You guys. It ACTUALLY tastes like REAL strawberries. Annddd It A-L-S-O tastes like champagne, so you OBVIOUSLY understand that MOMosa was the ONLY WAY TO GO.
Buuuuuut, I also added some orange zest to give it that underlying POP of zesty, vibrant citrus that will tingle your taste buds with the familiar brunch-drink sensations in EVERY BITE.
Also. There IS “real” champagne in the cake. Partially because, in combination with a dollop of Greek yogurt, its bubbles gives the oat flour base that MEGA dose of moisture that every good coffee cake needs.
BUT, mostly because it’s a Mimosa which means I have every reason to put booze in a cake for you.
Can we talk about streusel? Okay, let’s talk about streusel.
If you looked in the dictionary for the word “love” I am pretty sure that its definition would be THIS STRUESEL.
It’s made of a only a few real-food ingredients and it’s got juuuust the perfect amount of coconut-sugary sweetness with mega crispy, totally crunchy, wholesome oat goodness that sits on top of the tender, chewy cake in a way that can only be described as TEXTURE HEAVEN.
If you’re a texture freak like yours truly (which I know you are) then crispy, crunchy, crumbly topping sitting on top of a chewy, MEGA moist cake with BOOZE and BERRIES and ORANGES OH MY, is going to feel REALLY REALLY good inside your hungry belly.
And Momma’s too.
You know, if you decide to share.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
For the cake:
- 2 1/3 Cups Oatmeal flour, sifted (220g - Gluten free if needed) Click to see how to make your own in 60 seconds!
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Large egg, at room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/3 Cup Non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt,* at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 4 tsp Amoretti Natural Wild Strawberry Champagne Extract
- Zest of 3/4 a large navel orange
- 1/3 Cup Champagne
For the crumble:
- 3/4 Cup Rolled, old-fashioned oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- Preheat our oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper, rubbing the sides with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer on high speed, beat together the egg, egg yolk, coconut sugar, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, extract and orange zest until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the champagne and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until smooth and well combined. Pour into the prepared cake pan and smooth out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats and coconut sugar for the crumble. Add in the melted coconut oil and use your hands to mix until the oil is evenly distributed, and you have a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the top of the cake in a thick layer, lightly pressing them into the batter.
- Bake until the crumbe are golden brown, the sides of the cake rise and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 38-40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then, gently transfer to a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY before slicing. **
- Slice and DEVOUR (preferably with a Mimosa!)
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 15 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN BOTTLE OF NATURAL WILD STRAWBERRY CHAMPAGNE EXTRACT SO YOU CAN MAKE THIS CAKE! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 04/17/2017 until 04/25/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 15 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 7
(Per 1/12 of the cake)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!