Just wanted you to know that this salty-sweet dessert is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These gluten free chocolate beer cupcakes have a secret, salty bacon twist and bacon fat buttercream! They’re an easy dessert that’s perfect for St Patrick’s Day!
Allllllllll the good things in life.
In O-N-E bite of light and fluffy cupcake heaven with BACON FAT BUTTERCREAM.
Yea. I’ll give you a minute to just let the mega delicious factor just SINK into your taste buds.
MOMENT OVER. We got cupcakes to talk about.
I can’t even lie to you. I am SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE WITH YOU. Do you remember last year’s maple bacon gluten free cupcakes? I was super excited to share THOSE with you, and these were INSPIRED by those.
Except they’re even better. Because beer. And chocolate. IN A CUPCAKE.
Do I need to come calm down? Breathing IN and OUT. IN and OUT.
So, deep confession time: I don’t actually like DRINKING beer. I am more of a fruity, healthy champagne cocktail kinda girl you know?
But, when I saw that my pals at Amoretti made a Natural Irish Stout Beer Type Extract, the wheels inside my recipe-developing mind kinda started turning because:
- I know that YOU guys are normal humans who like beer. You know I try to make you happy because you’re my internet BFF’s FOREVER.
- FFF likes beer. I try to make HIM happy since I’m, you know, married to him.
- Patrick’s Day is coming up and I realized that we have eaten NO FOODS that are St. Patrick’s Day themed EVER. Liiiike, in almost 4 years of us hanging out on the world-wide web. NADA.
I tried to tell you a mint chocolate green smoothie recipe was St. Patricks day inspired once.
Or, at least that’s how I imagined the conversation went in your head. Whatever.
Chocolate gluten free cupcakes are OBVI always a really good life choice. Everyone likes them. And, if you don’t then I am sure SOMEONE in your family does, and it will make them EXTRA happy if you make them. Since, they get to eat YOUR portion too.
See. Making chocolate cupcakes is the key to happy families. Or something like that.
Do we need to discuss adding bacon? I feel like you get JUST as excited about the word “bacon” in a recipe title as I do. HELLO GUARANTEED YUMMINESS.
So, that all happened in a bowl, getting all mixed up into a ultra-smooth, thick and delicious cupcake batter. THEN, in went the MEGA thick, totally FLAVOR packed Irish Stout Extract.
Guys. I have to say, I am SO impressed by the amount of TRUE “beer flavor” that Amoretti can pack into this extract. As soon as I opened the bottle – WHOOSH – the smell of beer filled the air. AND, it actually smelled like REAL DEAL.
I was a little nervous about the final product because of aforementioned usual don’t-like-beer.
BUTBUTBUTBUT. !!!! OH MY GOSH.
I sunk my teeth into a tender, light-as-a-cloud cupcake and notes of deep, dark and sweet chocolate followed by crunchy POPS of salty bacon hit my tongue. THEN, there it was:
A rich BURST of stout swirled around my mouth with each chew in a way that PERFECTLY complimented the sweet chocolate and salty bacon. Pretty much the TRIFECTA of delicious food flavors all happening in ONE BITE of pure dessert BLISS.
I have a desire to put the “dancing woman” emoji here. But, alas, no emojis on PC’S. #FirstWorldProblems
It’s decided. You need to serve these at the ultra-awesome St. Patrick’s Day shindig that I know super-fancy-party-planning you is throwing.
Because Beer + Chocolate + Bacon = good times for your cupcake loving face.
For the cupcakes:
For the frosting:**
- 1 1/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened to room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Bacon fat, chilled so it's firm
- 1/2 tsp Amoretti Natural Stout Beer Type Extract
- 2-3 tsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Cook the bacon strips in a very large frying pan until golden brown and crispy, flipping once. One cooked, pour the fat through and fine sieve into a large bowl. You want the fat to be spread out quite thin so that it firms up quickly. Additionally, pouring it through a sieve ensures you won't get any burnt bites. Place the bowl of fat into the refrigerator to firm.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa power, coconut flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the coconut sugar and butter until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the honey, eggs and stout extract and beat again until well combined. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until well mixed. Finally, crumble up 4 of the cooked bacon slices and mix in.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins. It will be VERY thick, and you'll really have to spread it into the muffin pan, this is normal. Once filled, let the muffin pan stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the moisture.
- Bake until the cupcakes rise and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 14-15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Place the coconut sugar in high powered blender (a food processor will not work!) and blend for 1-2 minutes until super-fine and powdered-sugar like. Really make sure you scrape ALL the powdered sugar off the blender and lid, as it sticks A LOT. You should have about 2 cups of powdered sugar now.
- Beat together the butter and bacon fat using an electric hand mixer on low speed. Gradually add in the powdered coconut sugar and beat until well mixed. Add in the extract and 2 tsp of the almond milk and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. If your icing needs to be a little thinner, add a TOUCH more almond milk.
- Pipe the frosting on the COOLED cupcakes. Crumble up the remaining bacon and sprinkle it over each cupcake.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 15 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN BOTTLE OF IRISH STOUT EXTRACT SO YOU CAN MAKE THESE CUPCAKES! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 03/01/2017 until 03/08/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 16 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 9
(Per 1 cupcake)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!