Just wanted to let you know that this tasty vegan gluten free dairy free carrot cake is sponsored by my friends at XOBY Organics!
This one bowl healthy carrot cake is SO moist and tender, you’ll never know it’s plant based and made without eggs! Perfect for Easter!
PIN Vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free Carrot Cake
It’s my FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR.
The time where we get to eat our vegetables in the form of CAKE.
And all the people who secretly wish they could eat cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner instead of vegetables went AMEN. <–Which you CAN if you eat carrot cake Instant Pot french toast casserole. Just sayin’
Don’t lie. Sometimes you look at those trendy bowls on Instagram, where people have roasted EVERY VEGETABLE KNOWN TO MAN (and sometimes, liiike, without even cutting them up?) and you go “nah. I’ll take some gluten free carrot cake cupcakes thank you very much.”
Real life talk. You know I’m all about it.
Well, internet friends. It’s the countdown to Easter which means that gluten free CARROT CAKE is up in the HOUSE.
Cannot wait to blow your minds with the fact that is vegan gluten free dairy free carrot cake is
- SO SUPER moist and tender even WITHOUT EGGS.
- The lack of eggs we mentioned comes from some kind of magical-baking-wizardry that happens when you stir together water, coconut oil and vinegar. Literally ZERO ideas how that makes sense, but you do not question science. Right?
- Has no actual strands of grated carrot. This cake has – wait for it – CARROT BABY FOOD.
Stop it. Stop it RIGHT NOW.
Do not put your baby-food-judgement on a tender, spicy-sweet, pineapple-licious and crazy coconut-y slice of carrot cake perfection. Just like the gluten free vegan carrot cake blondies, the pureed carrot situation is also a MAIN reason why this cake is even able to nix the eggs, while still HOLDING TOGETHER.
The baby food acts like the VRY VRY needed binder AND is hugs all the ingredients in tastes-exactly-like-the-normal-carrot-cake-made-with-non-baby-food-carrots hug.
When I got my package from XOBY Organics and Mr. FFF saw the frosting (context: he is OBSESSED with cream cheese frosting but, due to being lactose intolerant, has not had it in ages) he just assumed that I randomly ordered it for him and started GOING TO TOWN ON IT.
I’m like “NOPE. NOT FOR YOU.”
He was sad.
Until I made him this vegan carrot cake recipe.
Life tip: if you accidentally make some sad/hurt someone’s feelings/just do something not-nice-human-like, just make them this vegan gluten free dairy free carrot cake. PROBLEM SOLVED.
XOBY Organics saved the day on the how-to-make-dairy-free-cream-cheese-frosting situation that was at hand <– I couldn’t live with myself if I made you carrot cake WITHOUT that VRY VRY necessary, swirly-twirly CREAMY frosting. But, if you want to MAKE your own dairy-free frosting, you can check out my Paleo Carrot Cake with Almond Flour!
They also saved the day, as per usual, on the WHOLE almond flour carrot cake situation because, just like in the peanut butter chickpea chocolate chip cookies, gluten free magic cookie bars A-N-D strawberry gluten free chocolate lava cakes, the (organic! Wholesome!) cake ingredients were delivered RIGHT TO MY DOOR. And in only a couple days after I ordered them!
Cake that comes right to you?
YEP. SIGN ME UP.
Things I am also signing up for:
UHHH, is there anything else in life worth signing up for?
Similar recipes you might like
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free Carrot Cake
- 3 Cup Almond flour (270g) *
- 1 1/4 Cups Tapioca starch (152g)
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar, packed
- 5 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, diced + additional for garnish
- 1 Cup Carrot baby food
- 1/2 Cup Crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Cans Miss Jones Baking Co. Organic Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper, greasing the sides with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients up to the pecans (including the pecans) until well mixed. Add the baby food and pineapple into the bowl, but don't mix. Let them sit on top of the dry ingredients.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients and put the coconut oil in one, the apple cider vinegar in the other and the vanilla in one. You don't want them to mix together yet.
- Pour the water over top of everything and use a fork to stir everything together until well mixed.
- Divide between the 2 cake pans, spreading out evenly. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 33-35 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
- Place one of the cakes, bottom side up, on a cake pan. Gently spread 1 cup of the frosting ** (an offset spatula helps A LOT here) all over it, letting some hang off the sides. Gently place the other cake, bottom side-up on top and gently press to secure.
- Spread a heaping 3/4 cup of frosting very thinly over the rest of the cake, to seal in the crumbs. It doesn't have to look pretty yet! Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or until the frosting is hard.
- Spread the rest of the frosting all over the cake and decorate with pecans.
- DEVOUR! ***
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT XOBY ORGANICS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
And, make sure you stay tuned with XOBY, because they’re running an awesome giveaway at the end of the month. Until then, take advantage of their promotion that’s running from March 1-12 on their website: register (it’s free!) and receive a $10 e-gift card! Just for signing up!
(per 1/16 of the cake)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM!