This Mexican Keto Ground Beef Casserole is great for a quick and easy weeknight meal! Low on carbs, but packed with flavor and creaminess!
Why you will LOVE this Ground Beef Keto Casserole
When it comes to easy one-pot or one-pan dinner recipes, I’m SO on board with a delicious casserole! It covers all the bases and nourishes your body without the need for side dishes and I call that a WIN, especially on those busy weeknights. Healthy Broccoli Casserole and healthy BBQ Chicken Quinoa Casserole are a couple of my go-to casserole dishes, and I guarantee that if you love them, then you’ll also enjoy today’s recipe! This keto casserole with ground beef is full of healthy ingredients, is filling, and is SO flavorful with the perfect amount of Mexican flair, minus all the carbs! It’s a great family friendly recipe that everyone will love! It’s very similar tasting to my Mexican zucchini lasagna…but so much faster!
Go ahead and raid your fridge and pantry to gather up everything you will need to make this keto casserole. You won’t need a whole lot of ingredients, but the flavor really shines in this recipe. Here’s the rundown:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Riced Cauliflower
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
How to make Ground Beef Casserole Keto
Turn the oven on and let it preheat fully. Place the beef in a large pan and cook until it is no longer pink. Season it with some of the taco seasoning and place the cooked beef into a bowl.
Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook until soft and lightly browned. Add some more taco seasoning to the pan and stir.
Add the ground beef back to the pan and stir to combine. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until everything melts together. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue cooking just until the mixture thickens.
Sprinkle on the cheese, then bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle the finished casserole with cilantro and DEVOUR!
How to store Keto Ground Beef Casserole
This casserole is SO tasty right out of the oven when it’s nice and hot, but it also keeps great in the fridge and makes for fantastic leftovers! I recommend storing your leftover casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keto Ground Beef Casserole FAQ
Yes, it absolutely is! Since ground beef is low in carbs, high in protein, and contains healthy fat, it is a great food to enjoy when eating Keto.
For this recipe, you can use any type of ground beef, but I recommend using a higher fat variety. I used 85% ground beef and it turned out great.
If ground chicken or turkey is what you have on hand, go ahead and use it for this recipe! It will change the taste of the dish overall, but would probably still be delicious. If you do decide to use ground turkey or chicken, let me know how it turns out for you!
more delicious casserole recipes
- healthy chicken noodle casserole with spaghetti squash
- chicken zucchini casserole
- cheesy instant pot chicken and rice casserole with broccoli
- 1 lb 85% Ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning, divided
- 2 Cups Riced cauliflower
- 1 Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated and packed (divided)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 4 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Heat a large, oven-safe pan on medium high heat and cook the beef until no longer pink. Add in 2 tsp of the taco seasoning and cook another minute. Transfer to a bowl. Do not wipe out the pan.
- Add the cauliflower rice and the pepper directly to the pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tsp of taco seasoning and cook another minute
- Add the beef back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (only 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese), except the cilantro, and stir until the cream cheese melts and everything is combined.
- Bring a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, just until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 15 mins.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment