These Instant Pot Brownies will be the richest, most decadent thing you will ever cook in your Instant Pot! A deliciously fudgy dessert!
Why you will LOVE these Brownies
When I’m in the mood for an indulgent, sweet dessert that’s going to curb that sugar craving, my mind often goes straight to brownies! Sometimes I go for a pan of easy gluten free brownies and other times I like to get all fancy and bake myself up some vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough! But DID YOU KNOW you can also make brownies in the instant pot?! You heard right- the brownie recipe I’m going to introduce you to today makes THE most perfectly chewy, sweet and chocolatey brownies inside your instant pot! Unconventional? Sure! Delicious? ABSOLUTELY.
Why Use The Instant Pot?
That’s the question of the hour! If you can easily whip up brownies in the oven, then WHY would you use the instant pot to make brownies? Here are a few reasons to bring out the instant pot to do your baking:
- You don’t need an oven: Not everyone has access to an oven, so using the instant pot can allow you to bake without one! You can also travel with an instant pot, which makes baking brownies on the go TOTALLY doable.
- It frees up your oven: If you’re in the middle of a baking day, you may already have something delicious baking in the oven. By using the instant pot, you can bake two goodies at once!
- It won’t heat up your house: If you want to do some baking when it’s hot outside, the instant pot will be your best friend. Firing up the oven on a warm spring or summer day brings too much heat into the kitchen.
This is one of those recipes that uses typical baking ingredients that you probably already have in the pantry. Here’s what you’ll need to gather to make some instant pot brownies:
- Egg Yolk
- Vanilla Extract
- Avocado Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How to make Instant Pot Brownies
Line a small circular pan with parchment paper and rub the sides with oil. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, oil and sugar and beat until smooth with an electric hand mixer. It should lighten in color after a couple of minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon. Spread it into the prepared pan.
Prep the Pot
Pour some water in the instant pot and place the trivet on top. Cover the pan with tinfoil very tightly, so as not to get any water inside.
Place the lid on the instant pot and set it to sealing and cook it for 47 minutes. Let it sit for a bit, then do an instant steam release.
Place the pan in the fridge to cool for a bit. Once cooled, remove from the fridge, slice and DEVOUR!
If you or someone you know needs this recipe to be gluten free, or you simply want to jazz it up a bit, you can totally modify it. Here are a few ways to mix things up:
Make it Gluten Free: Simply use your favorite gluten free 1:1 flour blend instead of all purpose flour.
Add some crunch: Throw in a handful or 2 of chopped walnuts, peanuts or pecans for a bit of crunch in your brownies.
Add some more flavor: Feel free to swirl in some nut butter of your choice to add some nutty goodness to your pan of brownies.
You might think of your instant pot as a kitchen gadget only for cooking, but you can TOTALLY bake in it, too! As long as you make sure your pan is tightly covered in tinfoil, the instant pot works great for baking, just like in the Instant pot Banana Bread
Which team are you on? I’m definitely on team FUDGY brownies, and if you are too, you’re in luck! These brownies are SO decadent and fudgy and so delicious!
Popping the pan of brownies in your fridge for 15 minutes is so important because it will stop the baking process immediately, resulting in chewier, fudgier brownies.
more instant pot treats
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extra
- 1/2 Cup Avocado oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All purpose flour (83g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa powder (27g)
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Line a 7×3 inch cake pan with parchment paper and rub the sides with oil.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, oil and sugar until it lightens in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Spread into the pan.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into your Instant Pot and place a trivet inside. Cover the pan with tinfoil TIGHTLY. You don't want any water to get inside.
- Place the pan in the instant pot and put on the lid (make sure it's set to sealing) and cook for 47 minutes. Then let sit in the pot for 10 minutes before doing an instant steam release.
- After 10 minutes remove the pan from the Instant Pot and immediately place the brownies into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the brownies from the fridge and let cool on the counter COMPLETELY.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!