Unbelievably delicious Instant Pot Banana Bread will make your taste buds jump for joy! Perfectly moist and dense slices of banana-y Heaven!
Okay, I normally don’t like to toot my own horn but…
I MADE YOU BANANA BREAD IN THE INSTANT POT.
And pretty freaking darn good banana bread at that.
But BANANA BREAD? It’s a real thing folks.
And I might just like it better than my fav sugar free banana bread or vegan gluten free banana bread.
Why bake it in an instant pot?
If you’ve been on my blog at all, you know that I’m a sucker for delicious, healthy baked goods. And what’s easier and more delicious than a perfect loaf of banana bread? Here on the blog, we have high protein banana bread, low carb keto banana bread, paleo coconut flour banana bread and SO many more amazing banana bread recipes. Today’s recipe takes baking to a whole other level, as we’re going to be cooking banana bread in instant pot. Making your banana bread in an instant pot will save you space in the oven to bake other goodies at the same time, and it’s FUN!
Instant Pot Banana Bread Ingredients
Like many of my banana bread recipes, I used better-for-you ingredients when developing this recipe and it turned out SO good. I used natural sugar and healthy fats, but the taste and texture won’t be sacrificed AT all! Perfectly moist and tender with all that banana goodness and the perfect touch of sweetness are all sure to make this banana bread your new fave recipe! Here’s what you’ll need to round up so that we can get baking:
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ripe Banana
- Coconut Sugar
- Avocado Oil
- Large Eggs
How to ripen bananas quickly for Banana Bread
If you’re eager to make this pressure cooker banana bread but your bunch of bananas isn’t ripe enough, don’t worry about it! Simply preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and pop the bananas in the oven on a lined baking sheet until the peels turn brown. When you pull them out, they’ll be nice and soft and perfect for making banana bread!
How to make Instant Pot Banana Bread
In a medium sized bowl, add all the ingredients up to the banana. With a wire whisk, stir to combine. In a separate, larger bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk once again.
Line the bottom of a small round cake pan with parchment paper and coat the sides evenly with oil. Pour the batter into the pan. Cover the pan with foil, crimping the edges to make sure everything is sealed.
Place a trivet in your instant pot and pour a cup of water into the pot as well. Place the covered pan into the instant pot and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure until it’s done, then let the steam release naturally.
Place the bread on a cooling rack until it’s completely cool. Slice and DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making Banana Bread Instant Pot
- Make sure the tinfoil is tight on top of the cake pan, or else the banana bread will turn out soggy! I like to crimp the edges of the foil with my fingers to make sure it’s tight enough.
- You’ll know the banana bread is done when the internal temperature reaches 200-205 degrees!
There are so many ways to get creative with this instant pot recipe! Feel free to swap out the flour for whole wheat flour or your favorite gluten free blend of flour if you desire! Another way to jazz it up a bit is to add some mix-ins! I recommend adding chopped walnuts, dried fruit such as raisins, or your favorite kind of chocolate chips!
How to freeze banana bread
Banana bread is SUCH a great grab and go recipe, and it also freezes really well! To freeze, I recommend slicing your bread into portion sized pieces, then wrapping them individually in plastic wrap. Toss all the wrapped slices in a zip lock freezer bag and you’re all set- simply thaw and enjoy as needed.
More delicious and healthy banana recipes
- whole wheat banana muffins with chocolate chips
- banana peanut butter overnight oats recipe with almond milk
- banana vanilla orange smoothie
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together up to the banana.
- In a separate, large bowl, whisk all the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Line the bottom of a 7×3 inch cake pan with parchment paper (use some oil to stick it down) and brush the sides of the pan as well. Pour the batter into the pan.
- cover the top of the pan with tinfoil, leaving a little room for expansion of the bread and making sure to crimp the edges to seal the tin foil tightly.
- Place a trivet into your Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water into the instant pot. Place the covered pan in, put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to "Sealing"
- Cook on manual high pressure for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let steam release naturally.
- Remove the pan from the Instant Pot and turn the bread onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and DEVOUR
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!