Just wanted to let you know this post is sponsored by the lovely people over at Udi’s Gluten Free, the makers of all things gluten free and delicious!
These spicy, homemade, healthy nachos are loaded with bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese and a Greek yogurt salsa for an easy, high protein & gluten free breakfast!
Look. At. You.
Liiike, you’re starting the day by being your very own Suzy homemaker. You know, if she wore a SOMBRERO.
You guys. We’re makin’ NACHOS (I hope you read that like donkey says “waffles” in “Shrek.” It’s infinitely funnier that way.)
But for realz. You know that bag o’ tortilla chips that you get at the store. WHY DO YOU DO IT WHEN YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN? ANDANDAND you could BREAKFAST-I-FY them. You know, with the goodness of soft and fluffy scrambled eggs, juicy bursts of fresh tomato, salty bites of turkey bacon, zesty salsa WITH OOEY. GOOEY. MELTED. CHEESE.
You guys. It’s official. I’ve grown past my morning oatmeal recipe, and I am now OFFICIALLY a grown up human-person who LOVES stuffing my just-woke-up-feed-me-now hungry person mouth with savory breakfast food SOSOSOMUCH x 12.
Don’t even know who I am anymore. But also totally okay with this new morning metamorphosis.
So umm. Gluten Free Tortillas. I KNOW you’ve been mentally trying to block out that one time at work where you brought a wrap in a gluten free tortilla for lunch. You were all sitting in the lunch room with your coworkers, enjoying some time away from those important jobby things like trying to hide your Facebook creeping from your boss, and you went to take a bite of said wrap and it just DISINTEGRATED in your very FACE.
We have to bring that memory out of the realm of dark and scary thoughts. We need to deal with it and then realize that such a scarring moment will NEVER. Happen. Again.
ENTER Udi’s Gluten Free Tortillas! Aka: some sort of magical combination of flours that holds up (insert buff arm emoji here) to your juiciest of filling ingreidients.[Tweet “Nachos, they’re not just for Friday nights! Try these #glutenfree Breakfast Nachos! @udisglutenfree”]
ORRRRR into your most crispiest, homemade healthy nachos EVER. These tortillas spend a little face time with a spicy-delicious combo of cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika and then get all up close and personal with a little roarin’-hot oven.
POOF – like LITERALLY – they poof (technical word, yesplease) right up, get ultra crispy-crunchy and taste eleventy billion times better than the ones in the store.
I thought about stopping there. I mean, my sneaky-snacky mouth told me to just call it a day and munch on chips for the rest of my life….but I had breakfast nachos on the brain.
I mean, you’ve seen my Instagram. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT EGGS. (<3 <3 <3)
And it’s just not breakfast without eggs and bacon. And it’s just not a nacho without cheese. You know this. I know this. So, obviously all THE things went onto our light and crispety-puffed tortilla chips.
Then there’s the sauce. The kind of sauce that has that YUM factor, that I didn’t know was achievable with only 2 INGREDIENTS: salsa and Greek yogurt.
I can seriously feel the cool, tangy smooth Greek yogurt balance out all the salsa HEAT on the tip of my tongue RIGHT NOW.
Whaddya say? Nachos for breakfast, the new thing? Are all the cool kids doing it?
Most importantly, are YOU DOING IT?
- 2 Small Udi's Gluten Free Plain Tortillas
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 2 Large eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp water (optional for fluffier eggs)
- 2 Strips Turkey Bacon
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Reduced-fat Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Salsa of choice
- 1 Small tomato diced
- 1/2 a Small avocado diced
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and rub a baking sheet with oil.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangles and place onto the baking sheet. Brush half of the oil on top each each of the tortilla triangles.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, paprika and chili powder. Divide the spice mixture between each tortilla, sprinkling it over each triangle and then rubbing it into each piece so they're evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake the tortillas until they just begin to crisp,puff up and turn golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Flip the tortillas, rub with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until totally crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the tortillas cook, rub two medium pans with olive oil and set on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs with the water and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place into one of the heated pans and cook, stirring frequently until pale yellow and fluffy. Place the turkey bacon into the other pan and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, place the eggs and bacon onto a chopping board and chop into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the chopped eggs evenly over both cooked tortilla chips, then divide he grated cheddar cheese on top of them. Place back into the oven and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and salsa, set aside.
- Once the cheese is melted, divide the diced tomato and avocado between them and drizzle the Greek yogurt sauce all over.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 10. Old Points: 9
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy, gluten free breakfast ideas?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.