These energy balls are made in 5 minutes and use only 4 ingredients: maple vanilla almond butter, oatmeal, cranberries and pecans. They’re an easy, gluten free, healthy and vegan snack or breakfast!
I really had trouble naming this post you guys. There were SO MANY OPTIONS.
I mean, I went with the title of this recipe because I didn’t want you to think it was a recipe-less Friday, start reading and then – WHAM – SURPRISE INSIDE recipe hits you right in the taste buds.
I need to prepare you in ADVANCE for something so stupid-easy and stupid-delicious.
BUTBUTBUT, I also REALLY wanted to name it “PROTEIN MEGA OVERLOAD SUPREME JACKPOT YES.”
Which, I sort of thought would only make sense in MY brain, and you would just be really confused. <– I’m right aren’t I? You’re already confused just by reading it in a sentence. I KNOW YOU.
Explanation time. BUT FIRST a word of caution:
Don’t worry the post you’re about to read will not self-destruct in 5 seconds, but it IS packed with SO MUCH DELICIOUS PROTEIN GOODNESS that your muscles are going to EXPLODE out of your body just by reading it.
Could be a slight exaggeration. But, minor details.
You guys know “The Vitamin Shoppe” yes? If not, you will today. They carry all sorts of fitness and nutrition related goodies, but today I want to talk about their new category that is being launched in nearly 700 stores and ONLINE: PROTEIN PANTRY.
AKA: my most favorite kind of pantry ever. You guys know my ridiculous obsession with protein.
Protein Pantry is a variety 40 protein-packed foods like pancake mixes, nut butters, powdered peanut butter and EVEN MORE. You know what this means right? I don’t have to ask MR.FFF at EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL “where’s your protein hubby?”
No lies. Every meal I ask. He’s a slow learner that “cereal by itself is not a meal” but he’s coming around guys. BUT NOW he can just eat some protein pancakes and CALL HIMSELF JACKED UP.
Which he likes. You know how men get about being big and muscley and BUFFBUFFBUFF.
Speaking of buff, here’s what I got in my protein pantry box:
- Protein infused nut butters – 3 different brands (Buff Bake, P28 and D’s Naturals) and 3 different flavors! I am currently wishing that nut butter was a food group. I would much rather eat White Chocolate Protein Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodle Protein Almond Spread or Maple Vanilla Protein Almond Butter over roasted broccoli.
- Some more About Time protein pancake mix and 2 new ones I have yet to try from P28 and Mancakes – White chocolate, Light Chocolate and Buttermilk!
I already know I will obsess it though. Like all things gluten free pancake and chocolate. It’s just how my taste buds work.
- Microwave Muffins from FlapJacked (fun name alert!) Who knew something so tasty and protein-packed could come in a little cardboard container and be ready in 30 SECONDS?!
I MAY NEVER HAVE TO COOK AGAIN. Just kidding. Then FFF would not exist. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
Now that I’ve nattered about protein infused items for 500 words (but really, PROTEIN NUT BUTTERS. YOU NEED THEM.) Let’s talk about this “recipe.”
I hesitate to call it a recipe without “” because it’s SOSOSOSOSO easy. But, you guys have been asking for super quick and simple snacks so HELLO ENERGY BALLS.
I chose to use D’s Naturals Vanilla Maple Protein Infused Almond Fluffbutter because it’s October. Which means maple? ALL DAY LONG SWEET THANG. Was that weird? Not sure.
What I’m trying to say is these bites, with their creamy, sweet maple-y notes, chewy cranberries and crunchy, roasty-toast pecans, just HIT you in the face with FALL. Plus oats. Which should be eaten every season multiple times a day if you ask me. I actually think that my blood is not actually made of oxygen guys. Just oatmeal and almond butter.
Not even worried.
Only 4 ingredients? CHECK. Ready in about 3 minutes? Perfect blend of carbs, fat and protein? UHHUHUHHUHUHHUH.
BUT, if you’re one of those people that doesn’t like almond butter? (That’s weird.) Then make sure you check out these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Energy Bites from Beaming Baker!
I know you can roll with DAT. PUNNY.
- 2 Tbsp Pecans finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup D's Naturals Vanilla Maple Infused Almond FluffButter
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Quick-cooking oats not old fashioned!
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Dried cranberries finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Optional, but recommended: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the pecans on a small baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown and toasted, watching closely to make sure they don't burn.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients, adding the pecans at the end. Stir until well combined the mixture comes together into a dough.
- Roll into balls and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 3 Points+: 2. Old Points: 2
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more bites?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Vitamin Shoppe. All opinions are mine.