A quick and easy healthy pancake recipe that uses oat flour and coconut oil to keep them gluten free! These pancakes are bursting with fresh blueberries!
I <3 pancakes guys.
Almost as much as I love you, but obvs not quite as much. (insert “awwwww” here)
They are my ohmigosh-I-actually-have-time-to-make-a-nice-breakfast go-to breakfast. I mean, I love me some oatmeal for those days when you want to start the day yummy, but yummy needs to = quick. But, if I had the choice, I would stuff my face with (healthy) pancakes everyday of life forever.
Enter: Saturday and Sunday. The days that God created to have time to create breakfasts full of deliciousness. As long as it doesn’t cut into church time of course! 🙂
I guess I kinda lied to you about only eating oats when I need quick yums, ’cause these kiiiiinda are like oatmeal. Just broken down and mixed with other stuff and then griddled. If I wanted to pretend to be fancy shmancy, I could call them de-constructed oatmeal pancakes.
But, that is really complicated, and breakfast usually happens in the morning. Sometimes even before coffee. So, lets keep it simple for the sake of my coffee-less morning brain. Blueberry oat pancakes. Done.
I have never tried using coconut oil in pancakes before. But I figured since it is my new favoritest thing, it would work in my favoritest breakfast yums. I was very very right. These little babies were fluffy, moist and FAT. Usually, I dislike that word…but, in pancake land, it is a very very very good thing.
Especially since these pancakes will not make you fat. In fact, these wont add an inch to your waistline!
Another beauty of these is that they are HEARTY. Like only-need-two-and-then-don’t-need-to-eat-the-rest-of-the-day kinda hearty. I’m kidding, I do not condone meal skipping…but I’m just sayin’ these keep your tum full of yum (see what I did there?) as well as keep you full!
Did I mention this recipe makes the perfect amount for one person? No? Lets talk about that for a second. There is something about getting to eat the whole batch of a recipe in one go, and knowing that I don’t need to go hide in baggy, sweat pant Hell, that I just love. You too? Good.
So, I’m gonna read your mind right now. You’re having oatmeal blueberry pancakes for breakfast this weekend. And, you’re gonna eat the whole batch and still be able to put on those skinny jeans.
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour you can grind 3/4 oats in a food processor
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Splenda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted **
- 1 Egg white
- 1/3 Cup Blueberries frozen or fresh
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the oat flour, cinnamon, splenda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the vanilla extract, vanilla almond milk, coconut oil and egg whites.
- Mix until just combined, do not over mix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium/high heat.
- Drop into the griddle using about 1/4 cup scoops and turn down to medium heat.
- Drop the blueberries evenly among the pancakes.
- Cook until each side is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, flipping once.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Leave a Comment