These Healthy Chicken Quesadillas are made with egg whites, so they are light, healthy and protein-packed! They’re so easy to make and are sure to be a hit!
Do you ever have those days where you wake up (good start) plan out what you’re going to do all day, right down to the time frames that you are going to do them…
And then that doesn’t happen AT ALL because the menialiest (word?) of tasks takes you 39845989080.99 years instead of 5 minutes.
And then you call your husband and leave 500 crying voice mails because you “hate your life and why can’t he not work so he can be home to hug you and pick up the shambles of your so called wonderful day that turned out SO BAD”
That last part is TOTALLY not over-dramatic AT ALL. I am also just hypothetically speaking, of course.
N to the E to the WAYZZZ.
I’ve heard of these rare breed of species called the “ignore-a-hungrus-rex” who are really just people who SOMEHOW FORGET to eat when they have busy days like the above mentioned.
Mr. FFF is one of these human-u-lar oddities. I DON’T GET IT. How do you FORGET to go fork >> food >> face.
I am just not one of these. No matter how dramatic I get (again, hypothetical) I make time to eat. Of course I’m not whipping up a fancy stuffed chicken breast recipe. It’s most likely some SUPER quick and easy egg muffins. But I am still getting on the NOM.
You know what my go to meal for days like these are? Well, you may have figured out by the title, but I am telling you anyway.
Chicken Quesadillas. BUT NOT JUST ANY Chicken QUESADILLAS though. These babies, like the healthy low carb chicken enchilada recipe, are made from, you guessed it, egg whites!
Are you getting tired of my egg white creations yet? Please say no. I <3 egg whites forever and always MUAH.
That was weird.
I was having one of THOSSSSEEE days when Pompeian’s Avocado Oil Spray Showed up at my door. Clearly, this was meant to be because my taste buds were doing the quesadilla dance.
What that looks like, I am not sure.
PLUS, I had been DYING to try this new avocado oil shenanigans that I have been hearing about. Pretty much all my life wants and needs in a tiny green spray bottle of health. Can I get a what what?!
It’s not the same when I do guys. Come on, help a sistah OUT.
Back to avocado oil, protein, BBQ saucey-drippity down your facety goodness.
I had been making my egg white quesadillas with just 4 simple ingredients: BBQ sauce (<3), Chicken, Cilantro and about 4 lbs of cilantro (maybe only 3 though. Who’s counting?)
So, throwing the usual suspects together, I invited the Avocado Oil Spray to the party. I wasn’t sure how it would be accepted. You know how BBQ chicken and Cheddar can get. I mean, remember the Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Quinoa?
ALL EX-CLU-SIVE and whatnot.
But, you guys, the party did not stop when I brought in the foreign invite…it kept going ALL NIGHT LONG up on my taste buds.
The Avocado Oil Spray really enhanced all the nummy flavours that were already existing, plus it’s a great oil to use under the broiler because it stands up to high heat. This helps to give the egg whites a little bit of regular-tortilla crunch.
Basically, what I am telling you is, I have found the cure for bad days.
And its messy and gooey and ALL KINDS of yum.
Other recipes you might like:
Healthy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
These Healthy Chicken Quesadillas are made with egg whites, so they are light, healthy and protein-packed! They're so easy to make and are sure to be a hit!
- 1 Cup Chicken breast shredded (about 1 small breast)
- Pompeian Avocado Oil Spray
- 2 Cups Liquid Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce of choice + additional for drizzling optional
- 2/3 Cup Reduced-fat Cheddar cheese grated
- 2-4 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
- Bring asmall potof salted water to a boil, and cook the chicken breast until no longer pink inside, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat you broiler to HIGH, and adjust your oven rack to the 2nd from the top placement. Spray a baking sheet with Avocado Oil. Set aside.
- Spray asmall pan with Avocado Oil and heat to High heat. Once hot, turn down the heat to medium/low and slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the egg whites. Cover and cook until the top of the egg whites appear just set, about 5 minutes. Slide the egg "tortilla" onto the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining egg whites, until you have 4 "tortillas". Place all tortillas onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top of them with Avocado Oil.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and place into a bowl. Add in the BBQ sauce and mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Divide the shredded chicken between two of the "tortillas" and spread out to cover the "tortilla." Divide the cheese and cilantro on top of the chicken, and then spray with Avocado oil. Cover with the additional tortillas, un-cooked side of the egg white down. Spray the tops of the quesadillas with Avocado Oil.
- Place the quesadillas under the broiler, and broil until lightly crisp and egg whites begin to bubble, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and DEVOUR.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
This post is sponsored by Pompeian as part of their #PantryInsiders but, as always, all opinions remain my own.
Want more egg whites?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!