This healthy Grain Free Low Carb Keto Granola is SO crispy and crunchy! Gluten free, sugar free, paleo, and vegan friendly!
Liiiiike, the kind that doesn’t cut the inside of your MOUTH OPEN.
Really. What did we ever do to granola that it would be so mean as to rip open our insides as we unsuspectingly munch through it, trusting that it has our best interests at HEART?
NOPE. IT DOES NOT.
It’s ALMOST as bad as Captain Crunch. <– Don’t lie. You KNOW that you know the exact cereal-mouth-pain that I am talking about.
Anyway. This low carb granola recipe is NOT that kind of granola.
It’s crispy and CRUNCHY, like a deconstructed sugar free keto low carb granola bars recipe, or a bowl of homemade keto low carb cereal, yet not sharp and OUCHY. It’s perfectly sweet and CLUSTERY-Y, yet is totally SUGAR FREE and GRAIN FREE.
Yeuuuuup. Granola without grains is a really thing that exists in your hungry-morning-breakfast-eater life and this sugar free granola recipe proves that it’s JUST AS DELICIOUS.
Why this is the BEST Keto Granola Recipe
In the mornings, a quick and easy breakfast that’s also filling and tastes great is what I crave! Sometimes, I just scarf down a zucchini blueberry muffin and race out the door, and other days I am more in the mood for a slice of Mexican breakfast casserole. Sometimes, though, I just want a bowl of cereal that is filling, healthy and delicious. BUT, I don’t always want a higher carb recipe like my protein granola. Today’s homemade keto granola is the perfect choice to start your day because it’s easy as ever to whip up, packed with protein and healthy fats, and will give you the energy you need to tackle your morning.
Is Granola Keto?
This really depends on the recipe! There are many granola recipes that wouldn’t align with the keto diet, however THIS one totally does! It’s low in carbs, but high in healthy fats and protein, making it the perfect breakfast choice for someone following a keto eating plan.
Like I said, this recipe is CRAZY EASY to whip up, and will take less time to make than it would to go to the store to buy a box of store bought granola! All you will need is a handful of ingredients to make this keto granola, so let’s gather them up and get started:
- Flax Meal
- Warm Water
- Monkfruit Sweetener
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Cashew Halves
- Whole Raw Almonds
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Chia Seeds
What makes this Granola Keto?
This granola is considered keto because it is very low in carbohydrates while also being very high in protein and healthy fats (thanks to the nuts and seeds)!
How to make Keto Friendly Granola
Turn on your oven to let it preheat, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the flax meal and warm water into a large bowl, whisking to combine. Place the bowl in the fridge to let it turn into a gel-like consistency.
Once chilled, add in the coconut oil and monkfruit, stirring to combine. Next, add in all remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
Arrange the mixture on the prepared pan, and place it in the oven to bake until it is a deep golden brown color. Make sure to stop halfway through the cook time to mix around the granola before you continue baking it!
Let the granola cool to room temperature on the pan, then place it in the fridge to crisp up even more. Once it’s done cooling, serve it up and enjoy!
There are so many ways to mix things up in this recipe to suit your dietary needs and preferences. One way to add more flavor to this recipe would be to sprinkle in some spice. Pumpkin pie spice or a dash of cinnamon would bring this keto granola some extra warmth and coziness, without a doubt! You could also add in some different nuts such as pecans or walnuts if you’d like, or toss in a handful of dried cranberries or sugar free chocolate chips.
I recommend serving your keto granola however you enjoy granola most! You could enjoy it atop a bowl of greek yogurt with some freshly chopped berries or in a heaping bowl with almond milk, cashew milk or whatever milk you desire.
How to store Granola
This granola can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Simply place it in an airtight container and label it, then enjoy it whenever you would like!
- 2 Tbsp Flax meal
- 5 Tbsp Warm water
- 2 Tbsp 2 tsp Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, at room temperature, should be the consistency of softened butter
- 1 Cup Raw Cashew Halves, 140 grams
- 1 Cup Whole Raw Almonds, roughly chopped, 135 grams
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, packed, 32 grams
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds, 20 grams
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place the flax meal in a large bowl and whisk in the warm water. Place into the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes so the flax meal can begin to gel up and thicken.
- Once the flax has chilled, add in the monkfruit and coconut oil and stir together. The coconut oil won’t mix in smoothly and will start forming small chunks, that is normal.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and stir until the flax/water mixture coats everything.
- Spread evenly into one layer on the baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, then stir. While stirring, trying to kind of stick a few pieces together so that they bake into chunks (if you like chunky granola. If not, don’t worry about doing this.)
- Bake another 10 minutes and repeat.
- Finally bake another 5 minutes and then check for done-ness. You want the granola to be VERY golden brown when it’s done cooking, although it won’t feel crunchy yet. This could take another 5-15 minutes, so watch it in the last few minutes of baking.
- Once done, let cool to room temperature on the pan. Then, transfer to an air-tight container and place into the fridge to cool and crunch up completely!
Tips & Notes:
- Once chilled in the refrigerator, you can store the granola at room temperature as it will main it’s crunchiness.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(per 1/4 cup)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment