Just wanted to let you know that this tangy-sweet goat cheese cheesecake is sponsored by my friends over at World Vision!
This creamy chevre cheesecake is topped with cinnamon honey apples and is perfectly sweet and a little bit tangy! Gluten free, grain free and tasty!
PIN Goat Cheese Cheesecake
You’re looking at your TRUE and official welcome into the world of adulthood.
With it’s CREAMY-ultra-rich and just-a-little bit tangy and sweet-but-not-too-sweet flavor profiles and its CROWN of spicy-cinnamon apples, and drippy, syrupy honey this goat cheesecake recipe is QUEEN of the grown-up-food world.
There is a time for SUPER-SWEET funfetti protein cookies, but this is NOT THAT TIME.
This is the time for you to really connect with your adult-self and stop hating on adulting because Y-O-U get to eat CHEESECAKE that is partially made with GOAT CHEESE, whiiiiich is basically the best cheese that was ever invented IMO.
Honestly cannot even get over how the slight tanginess of the goat cheese just creeps through the velvety-smooth-spirals of cream cheese and dances around the tip of your tongue with that HONEY, and those TENDER-crisp, buttery sweet apples. And then that gluten free graham cracker crust CRUNCH?
OH.MY.GOSHHH. It’s like the healthy cheesecake baked apples GREW UP.
Mr. FFF declared this was 1. The best thing I have ever made, 2. The best cheesecake he has ever had – even better than the cheesecake factory (!!!) and 3. That he was going to break his “I don’t want to bring food to school because I don’t want people to think I am sucking up to the teachers” rule (weird, right?) because they HAD to taste it.
It’s the kind of cheesecake that you might think sounds a little weird because, liiike uhh, goat cheese? Isn’t that for savory food like quinoa crusted chicken with goat cheese?
And, I’m just here to tell you that is F-A-L-S-E.[click_to_tweet tweet=”Change a life with a slice of #glutenfree Honey Apple Goat Cheese Cheesecake! @WorldVisionUSA ” quote=”Change a life with a slice of #glutenfree Honey Apple Goat Cheese Cheesecake! @WorldVisionUSA ” theme=”style2″]
This mostly-sweet-but-just-a-little-bit-savory goat cheese cake is going to be the dessert that you never knew you needed until NOW.
Don’t just think I ran around willy-nilly throwing goat cheese into this honey cheesecake though. This little goat cheese dessert beauty is A. VRY VRY delicious in your hungry mouth, that is true, but also B. for a GOOD CAUSE.
How Goat Products Change Lives
Did you know that goats can change EVERYTHING in Third-World countries?
Goat milk provides protein to help kiddos grow up strong, and extra goat milk can be sold to help struggling families earn money for their life necessities. Their manure also helps fertilize crops and vegetable gardens!
What seems like not-so-big a deal here, can actually be life-changing for someone else across the World!
Donating a goat through the World Vision Catalog is a small step that YOU can do to help change the life of those people across the world! When one of World Visions sponsored families received a goat, one of them remembers saying “when I received the goats, I told myself here comes the freedom.” (You can read the whole story HERE.)
We are SO lucky here in the USA that we can do awesome stuff like shove our face full of goat cheese cheesecake, but imagine what your donation of a goat might do for someone else? <–My Grandparents did this in their grandchildren’s names growing up, and I always thought it was SO COOL.
I’m also partnering with Cotter Crunch, Chef Billy Parisi and Joy Food Sunshine to help spread the various missions of World Vision and how they help third-world families, so I encourage you to visit their posts too! Or, visit World Visions Post!
Together, we CAN change the world <3
See? No willy-nilly goat cheese shenanigans. Just inspired by true-blue FEEL-GOOD THINGS.
Donate a goat. Eat Goat cheese cheesecake.
Feel like the best adult-person you can BE.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 Gluten free Graham Cracker Crust, baked in a 9 inch springform pan (click for the recipe)*
For the cheesecake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, goat cheese and cream cheese using an electric hand mixer until very smooth and well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add the Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and beat until JUST combined. You don't want to beat it too much or the cheesecake will have too much air in it and sink when baking.
- Remove your graham cracker crust from the freezer and wrap the bottom first with a slow cooker liner and then very tightly with 2 layers of wide, heavy duty aluminum foil**. Place the pan into a large roasting pan.
- Pour the cheesecake onto the crust and smooth out evenly. Transfer to the middle rack of your oven and fill the roasting pan with water so that it comes half way up the springform pan. *
- Bake until the outside is set, and a small circle in the center is jiggly, about 55 mins to 1 hour. Turn the oven off and crack the door slightly, letting the cheesecake sit in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, transfer to the counter to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but best if overnight.
To make the apples:
- Toss the sliced apples in lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a LARGE, high-sided pan over medium/high heat. Add in the apples and cook until they begin to soften, about 9-10 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add in the honey and cinnamon and cook until the apples are fork tender and the honey begins to thicken and reduce, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and chill until the apples are cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the outsides of the Springform pan, and then release the sides from the pan. Arrange apples in concentric circles atop cheesecake, making sure to really coat them in the syrup.
- Slice, drizzle each slice with any honey syrup left in the bowl, and DEVOUR! ***
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT WORLD VISION THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with World Vision on social media:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 13 POINTS+: 10 . OLD POINTS:8
(per 1/12 of the cheesecake)