This quick and easy, gluten free cupcake is packed with chocolate chips and has a peanut butter and Greek yogurt frosting! The perfect recipe for those times when you want one cupcake, but still want to keep it healthy!
I apologize for the extra long title of this post. I know they’re usually pretty long, but today is extra cray cray.
Do you hate me for saying “cray cray?”
You guys. Today is FFF’s FIRST BIRTHDAY! YAY!
It’s my party so I’ll blog if I wannaa.
But, for serious, I can’t believe I have been nattering at you for a year.
And I can’t believe, you guys have stuck around to listen to aforementioned nattering. I seriously <3 you all from the bottom of my toes to the top of my nose. I rhyme.
I even love you more than cheesecake. You know that means I love you A LOT.
Because today is FFF’s Birthday, I wanted a cupcake. And, I didn’t want to share (what else is new) So, I only made one.
You’ll just have to make your own.
BUT, you can! BECAUSE this recipe only makes one. Say goodbye to wanting a cupcake, making a dozen, losing all willpower and then eating all 12.
Not that I know anything about that.
Best thing about these cupcakes? The frosting is made from peanut butter and Greek yogurt, and the cupcake is made from oats. It’s pretty much just like eating a bowl of oatmeal, which makes them perfectly breakfast acceptable. If you don’t count the chocolate chips.
Or, count them. Who cares? A birthday without chocolate is just Monday. And, everyone hates Monday’s.
Side note: I call them “cupcakes” but I must point out, that oat flour is not as light as All Purpose flour. So, they’re not going to be AS airy and light as a bakery cupcake, but for a healthy cupcake that you can eat for breakfast, they will knock your taste buds off yo’ face. You picking up what I’m putting down?
Ok. We talked about half of the title of this post. Let’s move onto the BIG NEWS!
Pre warning: I might get a little sappy on ya’ll. Sorry in advance.
Remember how I was working for an insurance agency, and I hated it? Well, you guys, you’re now looking at (through a screen?) a full-time blogger!
Because of all your support and total amazingness, I am now able to turn FFF into my “real job.” Words truly can’t express how much I love you guys and couldn’t have done this without you. Seriously, ya’ll rock my socks.
I’ve never had a job, EVER, that I have enjoyed, and ESPECIALLY one where I get to lounge around in pajamas all day and stuff my facial hole.
Sidenote: Mr. FFF isn’t so sure about me being in pajamas all day now. He’ll get over it.
Anyways, Thank you again. From the bottom of the toes to the tip of my nose.
This also means that you will be seeing more of FFF. I’m not sure if I should apologize or not?
Ok. Final part of the title – GIVEAWAY TIME!
Because we have so much to celebrate today (Birthdays, Job quit-age, Cupcakes for breakfast) I have teamed up with my cousin, Kerry, who makes the most GORGEOUS jewelry, to give one of you lucky peeps a set of 3 Fair Trade, Hand-made jewelry pieces!
The gift basket includes 2 sets of earings and one necklace made by Designs By Kerry. You can see the picture below.
Entry is simple! Just use the raffle copter widget below! I wish you could all win. Just know that, in my heart, you’re all winners.
Too much sap? Sorry.
And, don’t forget to check out Designs by Kerry on Etsy. She seriously has some absolute gorgeous stuff. I have some fabbity fab turquoise earings from her that I am in LURVE with!
This is getting long. So Summary:
- It’s FFF’s Birthday. Help me celebrate by eating a chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
- I get to wear pajamas all day and be covered in flour. I love you all very much.
- ENTER THE MOST AWESOME GIVEAWAY EVER.
- Check out Kerry’s Shop. Because, you can never have enough pretty stuff, am I right?
P.s I love you.
Last time, I promise.
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Oat flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Plain Greek yogurt I used fat free
- 1 Tbsp Mini chocolate chips
- For the "frosting:"
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Greek yogurt (again I used non fat)
- Sweetener of choice to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line onemuffin hole(I don't what to call it) with paper. Remember to put some water in the rest!
- Mix together the oat flour, baking powder and salt in asmall bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, egg yolk and Greek yogurt until smooth and the yogurt is no longer chunky.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 mins.
- Let the cupcake cool slightly and make the "frosting"
- Mix together the peanut butter, greek yogurt and sweetener of choice until you achieve your desired sweetness. Spread on top of the cupcake. *
Tips & Notes:
* I tried tripling this recipe and making it into 3 cupcakes. They were good, but not as delicious. It is truly a single serve recipe.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Want more oatmeal?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment