Just wanted to let you know that this spring-time breakfast is sponsored by my friends at Udi’s Gluten Free!
This easy, overnight gluten free breakfast casserole is made with bread, eggs, sausage and seasonal veggies. It’s perfect for spring brunches!
Layers of soft-and-tender bread piled HIGH with juicy sausage and EVERY SPRING VEGETABLE ON PLANET EARTH.
SRSLY. I basically just went to the store, threw all the spring vegetables into my shopping cart and decided to bake them A-L-L into a pan filled with seasonal breakfast LOVE ❤ ❤ ❤
Aaaaand, now you truly know how recipes are developed.
However, that method of creating this MEGA delicious, totally addictive casserole that screams at you with F-O-U-R layers of YUMMINESS for breakfast-you to eat, is only PART of the story. It’s not the WHOLE thing.
You know I don’t keep things from you (see these healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies with granola re: we are INTERNET BFFS) so I obviously need to share more reasons as to why your eyeballs are peeping this tender-creamy-juicy breakfast from the land of casserole HEAVEN.
You guys know we’re moving to MISSOURI at the end of the month, right? This means that we will be heading up to Canada for my families Easter or the LAST TIME FOR 3 YEARS.
We are VRY VRY SAD.
Clearly, this Easter needs to be the BEST. One. Everrrrrr.
The problem with this is that it’s also the first Easter where Mr. FFF is dairy free and gluten free. In the past, he has just eaten ALL the things at Easter brunch but this year?
This is the point in the story where Udi’s Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread comes in and saves the day! HERO.
This casserole is basically my ticket to “gold star wife” status in the sense that I developed it so that I could bring it Easter brunch, and the Huberoni could share in the joy of our last family celebration!
I may make him cajun cauliflower casserole when he really wants rich, not-so-healthy gumbo, but I DO jump in and save his food life when it really COUNTS.[clickToTweet tweet=”Bring this #Glutenfree Spring #Breakfast Casserole to the next brunch! #TasteTheJoy @udisglutenfree” quote=”Bring this #Glutenfree Spring #Breakfast Casserole to the next brunch! #TasteTheJoy @udisglutenfree” theme=”style2″]
This is what I tell myself. You understand.
My fam is also pretty skeptical about healthy/gluten free things.<– mostly my dad. DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IT CAN TASTE GOOD.
Whenever I bring food up to them, the first question he asks is “is it healthy.”
It’s like “Father. I’ve only been out of your house for 5 years. Have you TOTALLY FORGOT WHO I AM? Yes, is healthy.”
Liiike, my Mom texted me the other day and told me that she made the cauliflower tater tots for him and he actually LIKED THEM. I fell off my chair FO REALZ.
When I share the Udi’s bread love and they bite into each pillowy-soft layer of tender bread, and juicy explosions of sausage, with fresh POPS of veggies, tasty herbs and velvety smooth eggs, they are going to re-think EVERYTHING they ever thought about gluten free food.
Don’t you just love when you show people WHATS UP?
Really though, I don’t want us to be going “up” right now. Totally wrong direction.
The only logical next step is this:
Get your face DOWN on some breakfast casserole LOVIN’
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
- 1/2 Pound Chicken breakfast sausage (95% lean)
- 6 Slices Udis Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread, crusts removed
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Cup Broccoli, cut into very small pieces
- 3/4 Cup Asapargus tips, cut into small pieces (about one bunch)
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, grated
- 2 Cups Fresh spinach
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink inside. This takes about 6-8 minutes.
- While the sausage cooks, place the slices of bread in the bottom of the prepared pan, in a single layer not overlapping. You may have to cut some in half to really make them fit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, asparagus tips and carrot.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and spread over the bread evenly. Finally, place the spinach into the hot pan (leaving any fat from the chicken in the pan) and cook for 1 minute, just until wilted. Stir it into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread/sausage and spread evenly. Really press the vegetables down so that you can see the egg mixture sink into the bread. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the top feels set, about 50 minutes to one hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to cool, then garnish with fresh basil and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT UDI’S GLUTEN FREE. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Keep in touch with Udi’s Gluten Free on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(Per 1/6 of the casserole)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Leave a Comment