These quick and easy protein cookies taste just like funfetti cake! You’ll never know they’re a healthy, gluten free treat for under 90 calories!
Hello Thursday friends who I don’t normally SEE!
Are you confused about a random Thursday recipe that is breaking the happy M/W/F cycle that we’ve been on for 3 YEARS?
SRSLY. X-ACTLY 3 Years. Liiiike, today is FFF’s 3 year Blogiversary!
Which is why there is a necessity for a recipe. You can’t not celebrate something that you work a ridiculous amount of hours on, YOU KNOW?
It was also a necessity for a video. And for cookies. And for sprinkles. And for PROTEINNNN.
Basically everything that makes me <3 happy and my belly full is being thrown inside O-N-E post. Not going to apologize even a teeeeeny, tiiiny bit though.
The magic of these protein cookies comes in the form of a few VRYVRY simple ingredients:
- Cashew butter. YES PLEASE. GIVE IT ALL TO ME. OKAY, I will share SOME with you.
You guys. Both you and my inner-peanut-butter-loving-self may judge me for the TRU CONFESSION that is about the happen here: I <3 cashew butter about ELEVENTY BILLION TIMES more than I <3 peanut butter. In fact, I don’t even REMEMBER the last time I made my nightly high protein recipe with peanut butter. Cashew butter just has such a light, RICH taste that pairs well with just about everything on the planet.
Especially a spoon + your FACE. <– HIGHLY suggest you try that SUPER SIMPLE recipe right there.
- Vanilla protein powder. The muscle-building deliciousness of these protein cookies peeps? ON POINT.
Plus the soft, sweet vanilla flavor adds a flavor POW to these simple, cake-like-cookies.
Wait though. Let’s just sit there for a second. Because, another TRU CONFESSION, I typically do NOT enjoy cookies that are the consistency of mini cakes. I’m allllll about the cookies that are dense and melty-in-your mouth. Which was the ultimate goal of these cookies. Until they came of the oven.
And Mr.FFF and I bit through the colorful layer of crunchy, sweet rainbow sprinkles and the tips of our tongues hit the soft, CAKEY inside. We both weren’t mad about it. I mean, they are funfetti CAKE cookies. So cake-like? MAKE SENSE.
Just wanted to give you chewy-cookie-elitists a heads up.
In other news: after 3 years of this blog thing, I’ve noticed that there is a secret person living inside of me that is trying to slowly turn FFF into a funfetti blog. Let’s do a recipe tally: funfetti protein overnight oats, funfetti baked oatmeal cupcakes, funfetti breakfast quinoa, funfetti vegan cake batter cashew butter…
AND NOW PROTEIN COOKIES.
How do we feel about the ratio of sprinkle-inclusivist recipes to ANY OTHER KIND OF RECIPE?
That’s what I thought. You’re ALL 4 THEM.
Parting protein-packed cookie thoughts for your Thursday:
Don’t try to sub in flour for the protein powder please and thank you. I know you thought about it.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT leave out the butter extract. That would be like leaving the chocolate chips out of gluten free chocolate chip cookies. You would be doing your cake-cookie-loving-mouth a VERY big disservice.
Thank YOU for sticking around for 3 years of nattering and random recipes that always seem to be my newest favorite, being thrown at you. You guys are the bestest. <3
Required sappy moment? CHECK.
Now, there’s REALLY BUFF cookie monster goals to check off.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Protein Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Organic Butter extract
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 Cup Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the cashew butter until creamy and smooth, about 1 minutes.
- Add the honey and butter extract into the cashew and beat, using an electric hand mixer, until well combined.
- Add in the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the protein powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl and stir until well mixed and a sticky, wet dough forms.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small, shallow plate with sides. Roll the dough into 1 Tbsp sized balls and then roll just the top half and sides into the sprinkles, and place onto the prepared cookie sheet, sprinkle-side up. At first the dough is a little messy to roll, but gets much easier. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Press the cookies down quite flat, about 1/3 of an inch thick, and bake until the top feels just set and the cookies rise, about 12-13 minutes. Let cool completely on the pan.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy, gluten free cookies?
Protein cookies from around the web:
No-Bake Samoa Cookies – PancakeWarriors
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies – Edible Sound Bites
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!