This Easy Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry uses chicken and simple ingredients to make a family-friendly meal that is quick, easy and healthy too!
PIN Easy Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry
Stir Fry’s are my go to on busy nights OR when I am having a “clean out the fridge” dinner and need to use up some of the vegetables I intended to use, but they really just were left to die in the back of the crisper.
Don’t lie, you have those too.
My go-to is USUALLY my favorite spicy Thai basil chicken stir fry, unless I am feeling crazy and want my strawberry rhubarb healthy chicken stir fry. BUT, this recipe might just make it into the rotation because it might be the easiest stir fry recipe that I’ve EVER MADE in my life. Maybe even easier than that Chinese spicy zucchini stir fry which didn’t even require cooking protein!
Also, Mr. FFF loves it and anytime I can get him to eat veggies without complaining is a win. <–Although he still won’t eat cauliflower rice (unless its cilantro lime cauliflower rice) “Normal” rice for him!
I simply adore stir fries, YES yes yes I do. Stir fries always hit the spot when it comes to a meal and I have SO many reasons why. There’s so much room to be creative in what veggies, proteins, and sauces you can use and the combination possibilities are endless!
They are a great quick meal to prepare without a lot of time, and they also keep well in the fridge to reheat for a desk lunch at work. And the most important reason: they taste DELICIOUS, are loaded with veggies and keep you full, which is a must on those busy days when you feel like you’re running all day. A couple of my go to stir fries- other than this Keto Chicken Stir Fry I’m going to show you today, are Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry and Paleo Grilled Beef Stir Fry.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients
I don’t know about you, but I love a meal that’s pleasing to the eye and delicious too! This keto stir fry recipe tastes great and the colors of the veggies really pop on your plate! Let’s round up the ingredients you will need:
- Olive Oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Red Pepper
- Fresh ginger, minced
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Coconut Aminos
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onion
- Cauliflower Rice
How to Make Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry
Heat a tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat in a high sided pan or wok. Add the chicken once hot and cook until it is golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add all the ingredients up to the soy sauce and cook while stirring for about 5-8 minutes, or until the veggies are tender and brown.
Finish it off
Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar and cook for about 30 seconds.
Serve with cauliflower rice, garnish with green onions and DEVOUR!
Side Dish Ideas
This low carb stir fry is so flavorful, so why not make it a feast! I recommend serving it up on a bed of delicious cauliflower rice- be sure to check out How to Make Cauliflower Rice for tips and tricks and all the ways I like to cook it!
If you’re not feeling the cauli rice for this meal, you can totally switch it up and try something else. Zucchini noodles would also be FAB with the flavors of this stir fry.
Regular rice is an option too, just keep in mind that the stir fry wouldn’t be low carb (which is a okay with me!)
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breast. If you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry about it! You can easily swap out the chicken breast for another type of protein and it will taste just as delicious! Here are some swaps that I recommend:
- Beef: Using stir-fry style strips of beef would be so tasty in this recipe!
- Shrimp: If you are a lover of all things seafood, give shrimp a try in place of chicken.
- Pork: Pork would be another great option to try!
- Chicken: Thighs would work great, but feel free to use any cut of chicken you like. If you have leftover shredded or baked chicken in the fridge, feel free to skip a step and use that instead of cooking more
Other Healthy Stir Fries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Lb Boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Reduced sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cauliflower rice, for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large, high side pan or wok on medium/high heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink in the middle, about 5-6 minutes.Transfer to plate.
- Add the remaining oil into the pan and turn the heat to medium. Add all the ingredients up to the soy sauce and cook until the veggies are brown and tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, along with the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and cook about 30 seconds.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and garnish with green onion.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 5
(per 1/2 of the recipe without the cauliflower rice)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!