These light and fluffy Healthy Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes are topped with sweet honey roasted peaches! The perfect spring or summer brunch that is dairy free!
PIN Healthy Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
It’s Monday morning. Your alarm goes off and you have to get out of bed.
Isn’t that just the worst thing ever? Who ever thought of that is NOT our friend.
You could be a grumpy pants about it. Or you could make this recipe for buckwheat pancakes…and then proceed to have the greatest day ever.
Nothing, that’s what.
You know what else? These gluten free pancakes are higher in protein and fiber than your run of the mill pancakes. Liiiike, they will keep your stomach happily full until lunch time guys! MAYBE EVEN LONGER.
Unless you’re like me and have hollow legs. But, that is neither here nor there.
The creamy vanilla yogurt gives this buckwheat pancake recipe a rich and smoooooth texture, while the toasted almonds provide a surprise crunch! <– It’s a pancake party in yo’ mouth goin’ on right HEREEEE
A CELEBRATION to last you through the YEARS. <– Or even just the day.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
If that sounds a little too exciting for your morning mouth, you could tone it down a notch and make some whole wheat vegan pancakes and then work up to these. Just giving you options.
To top it all off (literally!) you have these warm, sticky-sweet, roasty peaches to keep the party going STRONG. Think of that roast peach filling from paleo vegan peach cobbler crumble, ON A PANCAKE.
Like Mr. FFF said “It’s like having super fresh jam on top of a pancake. Just so ya guys know, he ate cold, leftover healthy gluten free buckwheat pancakes for dinner the next day….BY CHOICE. They were that yum-a-licious.
Have you guys ever had buckwheat? Do not mistake this for buckteeth, those are not good. Buckwheat, however, is amazing.
What is buckwheat?
Buckwheat is a nutrient-dense and gluten free seed (not a whole grain like most people think) that is typically eaten in Asian countries, and getting popular over here. It’s got this deep, nutty, rich flavor that I have yet to find in any other flour. Additionally, buckwheat makes VRY VRY light and airy baked goods
Is buckwheat healthy?
YES! Buckwheat is VRY VRY healthy! It’s high in both protein and fiber and supports heart health and digestive disorders since it helps with regularity.
If you know what I mean ?
It’s SO packed with nutrition, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that some people even call buckwheat a superfood!
With all those super-duper qualities, You could basically give these healthy gluten free buckwheat pancakes a cape. It’s practically a super hero.
I can see the headlines now: “Captain Buckwheat saves Mr. Gluten intolerant from Evil Dr. CARDBOARD BAKED GLUTEN FREE GOODS AGAIN.
Am I taking this to far? Moving on.
How to make buckwheat pancakes
Begin by toasting your almonds. You want to stick them in a 400-degree oven for 5-7 minutes. They toast FAST, so keep your peepers on ‘em!
Then, whisk together all the wet ingredient, EXCEPT the egg whites (you separate them from the yolks!) until just combined.
In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, including the almonds.
In ANOTHER bowl (it’s worth it, PROMISE!) you need to beat your egg whites to STIFF peaks. This means that when you turn the beater off and pull it up and out of the egg whites, the stand up in little mountains/peaks without falling over!
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, GENTLY fold in the egg whites until no more white streaks are left, being careful not to de-fluff the batter!
Cook on a medium heat griddle for 3-4 minutes per side. Make sure you stir the batter in the bowl or else the egg whites water it down!
So, all of that to say, The just of this story is that I want to eat these healthy gluten free buckwheat pancakes for breakfast every day of my life, and then have really awesome days every day of my life. You too? Good.
For the peaches:
- 4 Peaches pitted and sliced into quarters
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Pit your peaches and cut them into halves. Then, cut each half into quarters (so you end up with 32 slices)
- Place the peaches, cut side down, in a large greased baking dish, so that they slices are nice and cozy and close together in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and pop into the oven for about 25 minutes, until the peaches are tender.
- Once tender, Take the peaches out and drizzle with 1 Tbsp honey. Then, turn your oven to HIGH BROIL, and broil until the peaches just begin to caramelize. Watch them closely as they burn fast!
- Take out, and let cool.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees, and toast the almond slices until lightly golden. About 5-7 minutes. Crush them up a little bit and set aside.
- In a large sized bowl, beat together the yogurt, almond milk, coconut sugar and egg yolks. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and toasted almonds.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, beat the 3 egg whites on HIGH with an electric hand mixer, until stiff peaks form. About 3-4 minutes. Make sure to clean the beaters really well before doing this, or the egg whites won't fluff up!
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and mix until combined.
- Gentle fold in the beaten egg whites, and mix until the batter is just moistened.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Use 1/4 cup scoops to cook the pancakes until the underside is golden and the top begins to bubble, about 3-4 minutes. Flip once and repeat. Make sure you stir the batter in the bowl as you cook, as the egg whites will start to deflate and water it down.
- Serve immediately, topped with honey roasted peaches.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6 Points+: 4. Old Points: 3
(per serving – 2 pancakes and 4 peach slices)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!