This Air Fryer Butternut Squash is perfect to serve up when you’re on the hunt for something quick, easy, and healthy for the whole family!
Are you mad at all the easy squash recipes lately? Or do you kinda like the fact that you get to eat healthy, yummy food without much work?
I feel like it’s option 2? I mean who hates on easy, healthy food? NO ONE.
Plus, it’s almost Thanksgiving. Since you will probably be spending your time assembling fancy-food like scalloped sweet potatoes or gluten free stuffing I thought an easier side might just be right up your ally.
Health Benefits of Butternut Squash
Squash recipes in the fall are my JAM! If the bright colors, perfectly tender texture, or delicious taste doesn’t get you going, the health benefits of squash most definitely will! We’ve got spaghetti squash primavera, chicken pesto spaghetti squash, and oven roasted kabocha squash here on the blog (just to name a few!), but one of my most favorite squashes to cook with is the butternut squash! For today’s recipe, I’m going to show you how easy it is to cook your butternut squash air fryer. It’s so versatile and delicious, plus it’s nourishing for your body! Here are a few points that the butternut squash has to boast about:
- It’s rich in vitamins: Butternut squash contains a variety of vitamins that are vital to good health! It includes vitamins A, C, and E as well as beta-carotene, all of which are powerful antioxidants.
- It’s packed with minerals: This delicious and versatile squash also is rich in minerals such as thiamine, niacin, folate, magnesium and potassium.
- It may lower your risk of disease: Diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes can be avoided by eating vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals, such as butternut squash.
Air Fryer Squash Recipe Variations
As with many of the recipes I have on the blog, if you don’t have or don’t prefer some of the ingredients, I recommend that you mix things up to suit you and your crew! For this air fried squash, you can totally switch it up to keep meal times fun and delicious. Here are a couple of ways to do so:
- Squash: If you want to use a different variation of squash, go for it! I recommend trying out a kabocha squash or delicata squash for this recipe.
- Spices: If you aren’t into a sweet squash recipe, feel free to omit the coconut sugar. If you aren’t into spice, leave out the cinnamon. If you want a more savory squash, simple use olive oil and salt.
Cooking Air Fryer Butternut Squash in the oven instead
My air fryer has slowly but surely become one of my most FAVORITE appliances in my kitchen. If you don’t have one kicking around, though, you can still enjoy perfectly cooked butternut squash by roasting it in the oven! Simply bake it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, flipping it once during the cooking time. You’ll know it’s done when the squash is fork tender.
Do I need to peel butternut squash before cooking it?
Yes! A butternut squash has skin that will need to be removed before placing it in the air fryer to cook. You can use a regular vegetable peeler or a sharp knife and cutting board to peel the squash.
Is Air Fryer Squash still tender and juicy?
Yes! Don’t be fooled by the name of an air fryer. It won’t take out the moisture from the squash, and will leave it juicy and tender, just how you like it!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! Squash is a fantastic meal prep food, as it keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days, and reheats easily with no change to the taste or texture.
Other Butternut Squash Recipes:
- Peel the squash and slice it in half, scooping out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into half inch cubes and toss with the oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and toss to coat well.
- Lay the squash in the air fryer in a single layer (you may need to do it in two batches) and cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!