Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Krispie Crust are a super easy dessert, with a chocolate Krispie treat base and a creamy, peanut butter cheesecake topping…you’ll have a hard time believing that they are skinny jeans approved!
You guys. Today is the best day ever.
It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook, myself and 30 other bloggers are sharing their favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes! You can even follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes!
The fun? It just don’t quit today guys.
There’s a ridiculous amount of chocolate and peanut butter AND some ridiculously awesome prizes!
I don’t know about you, but my life suddenly just felt a lot more compete.
Now, let’s talk about these bars with a mouthful of a title.
They’re amazing. The end.
Well I’m not kidding that they are amazing. But, if you’ve been around here long enough, you know that I have more to say than that.
I mean, it might not have anything to do with food most of the time, but there is always words in my brain. Or, in my fingertips? Whatever. They’re there somewhere.
I’m going to be honest with you. I had no intention of making these bars…buttttt plan 1? It was a plan that shouldn’t have been a plan. You know what I mean.
So I crawled up into my pantry (literally….it’s the top cupboard and I’m 5’2, so I have to turn into a Taylorific-cupboad-climbing-monkey-pants ((what??)) every time that I have to get something) and rummaged around to see what I could turn into chocolate peanut butter heaven.
Don’t worry, I knew I had chocolate and peanut butter. This girl doesn’t run out of that stuff. Ever. Except that’s a lie. If you instagram, you saw that I, indeed, ran out of peanut butter the other day. But, I don’t wanna talk about it. It was a bad day.
Upon finding Mr. FFFs “secret” stash of puffed rice cereal, I had a plan. A plan that may get me in trouble, but It was a plan. Why he tries to hide though, I’ll never know. I just don’t understand his cereal obsession all around.
You guys, these bars are stupid easy AND you don’t even have to bake ‘em.
They’re mega chocolate and peanut buttery and have that CRUNCHY CRUNCHY YUM factor that everyone always talks about .
And by, everyone, I mean no one…because no one says crunchy crunchy yum factor. I’m still going with it.
Oh, and did I mention that they’re skinny?
- For the Crust:
- 1 Cup Milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- 3 Tbsps Honey
- 3 Cups Gluten Free crispy rice cereal (Or regular/brown rice if you aren't concerned about GF)
- For the filling:
- 1 8oz Package of reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (I LOVE Philadelphia 2x Protein)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 8 oz Package of Light Whipped topping, thawed.
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- Melted chocolate, or chocolate syrup, for drizzling (optional)
- For the crust:
- Line a9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In alarge bowl,combine the chocolate chips and milk. Melt on half power in the microwave using 20 second intervals, stiring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Stir in the peanut butter and honey until the peanut butter is melted and mixed in,
- Stir in the rice cereal until well coated.
- Pat the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, really making sure to pack it in tightly, especially in the corners. I find that it helps to use dampened hands to prevent the crust from sticking to your fingers. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake layer:
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and peanut butter, using an electric hand mixer, until fluffy and well combined.
- Beat in the sugar until well incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped topping until well mixed in and then pour the cheesecake mixture over top of the crust, spreading out evenly.
- To make the peanut butter topping:
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave, and stir in the granulated sugar,
- Drizzle over the cheesecake layer and swirl with a toothpick or a chopstick.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Let the bars thaw for 5 minutes before lifting out of the pan and slicing with a very sharp knife.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate or chocolate syrup if desired (do it.)
And don’t forget to check out everyone else’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day creations!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
And, A huge thank you to our sponsors! Be sure to follow them on social media:
Want more Frozen Desserts?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!