Easy, 4 ingredient Whole30 Banana Pancakes will surely make your breakfast dreams come true in the form of golden brown, pillowy flapjacks!
Before the whole30 police comes after me….
Yes, I know that technically you are not supposed to try to make food like pancakes on Whole30.
But you know what I say? LIVE A LITTLE.
Especially when “live a little” means eating tasty like golden brown, pillowy soft pancakes that have almost no ingredients and you can probably make right now.
You. Guys. I can’t even believe how easy these are.
If you, like me, like banana pancakes, you will LOVE these.
Why these are the PERFECT breakfast!
If you’re like me, you’re always on the hunt for a delicious, but easy and healthy breakfast recipe! AND did you know that pancakes can totally be a healthy choice that also satisfy your cravings? There are whole wheat blueberry pancakes with ricotta, whole wheat vegan pancakes, and the list goes on (and on and on). Today’s grain free pancakes are sure to fit the bill and satisfy you and your crew, providing the energy you need for a busy day ahead! These pancakes are loaded with protein, sweetened naturally, and perfectly fluffy- dress them up or dress them down and it’s guaranteed that you’ll love them either way!
Ingredients You’ll need to make Paleo Pancakes
The ingredients list for these tasty pancakes is short and simple, and includes ingredients you may already have in the kitchen. Let’s round up our ingredients and get started:
- Large Banana
- Large Eggs
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
How to make Whole30 Pancakes
Mash up the large banana in a bowl until it is well broken down. Add in the eggs and whisk until everything is well combined.
Add both flours to the egg and banana mixture as well as the salt and stir with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
Heat up your griddle and melt some ghee on it. Divide up and drop it onto the griddle to make 4 pancakes. Flip once, after a couple minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
Serve up these pancakes with desired toppings and DEVOUR!
Whole30 Pancakes Toppings
Everyone knows that a pancake isn’t a pancake without the BEST toppings! For these pancakes, here are a few topping ideas:
- Healthy Strawberry Chia Jam: spread as much of this berry goodness overtop your stack of pancakes, and maybe a generous drizzle of your favorite nut butter too!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Filling: I originally used this in a brownie recipe, but this filling would be PERFECTION when slathered on these pancakes.
- Raspberry Coconut Cream: Snag this from a delicious cake recipe of mine, but instead use it instead of whipped cream on these pancakes! Add some fresh raspberries, too of course.
- Your favorite nut butters, whipped cream, and fresh fruit!
If you want to get technical, you are not allowed to recreate items like pancakes on whole30. However, there are only so many eggs you can eat right? The ingredients in this recipe is totally whole30 compliant!
The short answer to this is NO! Although this recipe does use a little bit of coconut flour, do not try to use coconut flour instead of the almond flour that it calls for. The two flours soak up moisture and cook very differently, so they will not turn out if you use only coconut flour!
Although there are some banana pancake recipes that call for ONLY banana, I find that the texture is much better when a bit of flour is used as well! Therefore, I do recommend adding flour!
More easy, healthy breakfast recipes
- quinoa breakfast bake with dates and bananas
- healthy paleo sweet potato breakfast hash with bacon
- easy low carb keto breakfast casserole with sausage
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the flours and salt until well mixed.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat and melt ghee on it.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle- keeping them small. You should get 4 small pancakes
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 3-5 mins. Gently flip and repeat.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!