These crispy baked chicken wings are marinated in Tandoori spices for a little Indian Kick! They use Greek yogurt and are a healthier appetizer option!
Am I late to the party? Yea. I’m late to the party.
Because everyone and their dog has posted chicken wing recipes in the whole hustle and bustle of “getting ready for game day” and I’ve only posted paleo whole30 chicken wings until today.
But, really, I don’t really know why it took me 1. 3 years to post a recipe for chicken wings. I mean, who doesn’t like chicken wings?
Well, except maybe chickens. I mean, they LIKE their own wings.
Just, you know, on their body.
I could give you abuffalo chicken wings because, like I said earlier, ‘tis the season to buffalo ALL THE THINGS. But, that would be predictable.
You know we can’t have the “p word” here on FFF.
AND THEN (the plot thickens) the Hub-o-rama and I went to the BEST Indian Buffet of OUR LIVES last week for lunch, and we were both like TANDOORI CHICKEN WINGS.
And there is the super duper exciting reason why these are happening to your face right now. Aren’t you so glad I shared? Good.
The thing I L-O-V-E about Indian food is that it has WHOA-SO-MUCH flavour and spice..but they always know how to use the perfect amount of creamy stuff to make sure that your taste buds don’t burn right out of your noggin.
In the case of this crispy baked chicken wings recipe, I marinated them in Greek yogurt for that magical, taste-bud-no-die- cream factor. And then PUMPED up the spices, and added a little coconut oil.
You know, for the CRISPY. Because you know what they say about chicken wings without crispy skin?
Ain’t nobodies face gonna have a fling with no soggy wing.
NOW, READ THIS!!!!!! I tried this recipe with half the spices as well. The Hubonana and I both agreed that it was good, if you like more mild, Indian pizazz. SO, if that’s you, please read the notations in the recipe for the proper spice ratios.
But, if you’re like us, and like to live on the edge and have ALL THE spicy flavour yumminess, then you should follow the recipe exactly as is.
Once you do that, you should then proceed to dip your wings in more-cooling-refreshing-because-MINT-and-YOGURT dip that ever was.
Because you know what they say about chicken wings without a little dip action right?
I don’t really know actually. But it’s something along the lines of “do not do it.”
Now, go forth and let your inner messy-finger-dippy-food loving self out into THE WORLD.
Or, at least let it out surrounded by friends at your Game Day shindig.
It’s probably safer there.
For the wings:
- 3/4 Cup Cup Non-fat, Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Allspice
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne
- 3/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander seed powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken wings (about 12 wings)
For the yogurt dip:
- 1 Cup Non-fat, Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mint, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the wings, and stir well to make sure all the spices are evenly distributed. Add in the wings and stir so that they are coated in the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Once the wings have marinated, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Take the wings out of the marinade (don’t scrape off the excess!) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the outside has darkened and is nice and crispy, about 45-50 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, combine all of the dip ingredients in a small food processor and process until well combined and the herbs have broken down.
- Once the chicken wings are done, serve with the yogurt dip and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
Want more appetizers?
Chicken Wings from around the web:
Saucy Taco Baked Chicken Wings – Chocolate Moosey
Baked Sriracha Lime Chicken Wings – The Healthy Maven