This vegan and whole 30 compliant spinach salad features sweet potato noodles, apples and a creamy almond Dijon vinaigrette for a healthy, weeknight meal!
Hoooolddd up. Awkward nutrition-packed salad recipe being posted on a FRIDAY, COMIN’ THRUUUU.
I know. You’re all like it’s fri-YAY, lets eat all the Pizza zucchini lasagna and hazelnut paleo brownies. AAAANNDD then I’m just here in the internet corner bein’ like “oh hai guys, let’s just munch on a salad instead mmkay?”
This bowl full of glowy-healthy-food-goodness is a combo of tender sautéed sweet potato noodles mixed with crispy-fresh apple noodles, chewy & sweet golden raisins with a little hint of crunch from some roasty-toasty almonds.
And the dressing. Really guys. This WHOLE salad situation is about this dressing. This nutty, sweet and bright vinaigrette where almond butter, apple juice and DIJON MUSTARD come together in the thickest, creamiest and most YUM kind of ways. And it tastes, liiiiike, really good as it coats each swirly sweet potato noodles and enters the land of no return.
AKA: MY MOUTH.
For those of you who read that last paragraph of pure healthy-veggie salad bliss and ONLY got out “almond butter with DIJON MUSTARD?!!!!” I can understand you. You are my peeps, so I knew this notion could wander across your brains before you let it enter your salad munchin’ mouths.
Do you know those times when you mix stuff in your fridge together and then kind of cross your fingers, and PROBABLY your toes too, before you take a little taste? You know when you’ve got the water within grabbin’ distance because you’re basically about 99.99% positive that the random ingredients you dumped into a bowl and did a little stirring action, have NO place being together whatsoever?
This was one of those times. But, for some reason, the mustard and almond butter combo was SPEAKING TO ME.
Oh HELLO THERE new salad dressing obsession. It’s like this taste-bud tingling blend of sweet nuttiness with that surprise tang of the Dijon mustard. If we’re just being realsies here for 2 seconds, I’m going to call it the vinaigrette from Heaven. I wouldn’t even be upset if you nix the rest of the salad and just put this vinaigrette on every other food item that resembles a leafy green for the rest of the leafy-green meals that enter your mouth space for your life.
I’m lying though. Not about all the leafy greens forever. Just about not making THIS salad.
The situation here is looking pretty tasty. If I were you I would be suffering from FOMO if I made a DIFFERENT SALAD. You know.
You know who else might live under a rock? Or at least near a rock?
Bunnies like salads. Which means your rock-dwelling self will like THISTHISTHIS salad. Right here. Right now.
Healthy Friday. You might even like it. Lots.
Vegan and Whole 30 Sweet Potato Noodle and Apple Spinach Salad with Almond Dijon Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 3 Tbsp Sliced almonds
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium sweet potato spiralized with the 3mm blade, about 300g
- Sea Salt
- 1 Large Apple Spiralized with the 3mm blade I used fuji
- 3 Cups Spinach packed
- 3 Tbsp Golden raisins
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp Pure apple juice
- 1 Tbsp Natural creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp Raw Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Dijon mustard make sure it doesn't have wine added
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the almonds onto a small pan. Cook until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 7-10 mins. Watch them closely as they can burn quickly.
- While the almonds cook, heat up the olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and wilted, about 7-10 mins. Season with sea salt.
- Place the cooked sweet potato noodles into a bowl with the spiralized apple, spinach, golden raisins and add in the toasted almonds. Mix well.
- Add the apple juice, almond butter and apple cider vinegar into a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften to almond butter.
- Add in the Dijon mustard and ginger. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- While whisking, add in the olive oil and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Divide between two plates and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 12 POINTS+: 13. OLD POINTS: 10
(based on 2 servings)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan sweet potato noodles?
Vegan spinach salads from around the web:
Quinoa Salad with Pesto Dressing, Spinach and Sweet Potato – The Healthy Kitchen
Festive Autumn Salad – Bam’s Kitchen
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!