These easy, gluten free Strawberry Rhubarb Vegan Overnight Oats taste like waking up to a healthy slice of pie for breakfast! Make-ahead friendly and only 200 calories!
It’s here. And, in the blink of an eye, it’s GONE.
Which means, we CLEARLY need to make the most of it by NOT JUST reserving it to be eaten in strawberry rhubarb pie. <– NONE OF THAT.
That was supposed to be like “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM.”
Except, the overnight oats REMIX. *insert DJ hands here*
You know what I mean. I think.
These overnight oats could not be any easier if your dog developed the recipe. All you need is a small pot, a bowl, a knife and a few little pantry-essential kinda ingredients. IE: things that are probably VERY CLOSE to real life you. Liiike, RIGHT NOW.
BUT, before you ask, I DO NOT know an alternate way to make the crumbs than in the microwave. I SUSPECT that the oven could be used, but I could not tell you a time or temperature. So, either have fun experimenting (and tell me what you find out!) OR use the microwave.
Promise the crispy bites of YUM are totally WURTH IT.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s talk about the trifecta of deliciousness that the 3 layers – tangy-sweet strawberry rhubarb sauce, wholesome flecks of chewy, cinnamon-spiced oatmeal, and CRISPY-CRUNCHY almond flour crumbles – creates when you put it in your mouth.
It’s like this: you’re gonna dig you spoon STRAIGHT to the bottom of the cup – don’t even THINK about any detours (what detours could you take in a cup anyway?) And then do a little flick-of-the-wrist to get everything swirling and twirling together in the ULTIMATE of insane texture SENSATION.
Think silky-smooth, sweet sauce + thick, fill-you-up-until-lunch-time tender oats + THAT CRUUUUUNCH –> into your MOUTH.
I think you and I can both agree that breakfast math just makes SENSE within our brains AND food-eating SOULS.
If you are not dairy-free, I also think adding some Vanilla Greek yogurt for some protein PUNCH and EXTRA creaminess would be a really tasty idea.
I almost put it in this recipe but, considering Mr. FFF is dairy-free and just so happens to be IN LOVE with strawberry rhubarb ANYTHING, I decided to be good wife Taylor…..but then I just made him dairy free strawberry rhubarb oatmeal muffins so I could eat ALL the yogurt 😉
Anyway, just letting you know your breakfast has OPTIONS.
The only thing that is NOT an option?
Not getting a head start on this RIGHT NOW, so that hangry you can be feel happy-full-satisfied in a morning near you.
Strawberry Rhubarb Vegan Overnight Oats
For the crumbs:
For the sauce:
- 1 Cup Strawberries, roughly chopped (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Rhubarb, sliced (65g)
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Tbsp Water
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats and coconut sugar. Add in the coconut oil and use your hands to mix, until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Spread the crumbs on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave an additional 45 seconds. Place the plate into the refrigerator to let the crumbs harden *
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, agave and water on medium heat. Simmer for 6 minutes, and then mash everything together. Cook an additional 9-10 minutes, stirring FREQUENTLY, until the mixture reduces and thickens. Stir a lot so the bottom doesn't burn.
- Once reduced, divide the sauce been 2 large cups.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats and the cinnamon. Stir in the almond milk, and then divide the oats between the 2 cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight to let the oats absorb the liquid.
- In the morning, divide the crumbs between the cups, stir everything together and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS:4
YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!