This easy gluten free crock pot pasta has all the flavors of meat lovers pizza, but without all the work! It’s a healthy, crowd pleasing weeknight dinner!
Things pizza and pasta have in common:
- General carby deliciousness
- Ooey gooey cheesy goodness
- Comfy food, happy-and-full-tummy-vibes.
So, why would you N-O-T put them together?!
I also happen to have a “THANG” about putting pizza together with justabouteverything. We’ve had healthy mac and cheese pizza style, Pizza low carb lasagna with zucchini noodles, pizza bites, crock pot pizza quinoa…the list goes on.
Hi my name is Taylor and I am a normal, real-life human who really enjoys PIZZA.
And pasta. Because (whole grain) carbs are tasty and you actually need them to fill your muscles and give you energy and all the good, healthy stuff.
My only qualm with making both things is the WORK required. Pasta? Not SO hard. But making your own pizza dough, rolling it into a perfect circle (we discussed my circle hatred in the healthy pumpkin pie pinwheel bites and paleo pecan pie bars) and then having to bake it to the perfect level of not-burnt-but-still-super-crispy-crunchy-crust? TOO HARD.
But you know what required negative amount of things that are hard?
THE CROCK POT!
Did you even know that you could make pasta in your slow cooker!? I SRSLY had NO idea that this was a thing.
My brain determined that slow cookin’ pasta, especially gluten free pasta, would probably turn it into a pile of MUSH.
Albeit, SUPER TASTY mush.
But tasty mush is still mush. IE: DO NOT WANT.
Ho-EV-Er, sometimes you just need to tell your thoughts they’re wrong and live on the edge. You know what I mean?
You know you’re a food blogger when “living on the edge” equates to “putting pasta in a slow cooker.”
Should I get out more? Actually, don’t answer that.
But, YOU GUYS, slow cookin’ pasta does NOT make it mushy. I mean, if you cook it the proper time and all. I can’t speak to what would happen if you just let it sit around and do its thing ALL DAY. So, like the instructions say, watch them noodles like a HAWK.
It makes it super tender and totally delicious. Plus, you don’t need to deal with the water always boiling over onto your stove. Please tell me I am not the only person who still can’t figure out the proper size of pot to use when boiling water to cook yummy noodle creations.
Also, am I the only one that has NO idea how much pasta to actually cook? It’s like “oh I made pasta for dinner. Please invite 86 other people to come over so I don’t have leftovers for 6 years.”
You get it.
Let’s talk about the thick and saucy, ooey-gooey cheesy factor of this pizza-flavored dinner, that is going to make your WHOLE family really super excited about meal time, because it is OFF the charts. ESPECIALLY if you get super fancy and make HOMEMADE pizza sauce. <–Still good from the jar too though!
There is no question that this pasta “being pizza flavored thing?”
You know what you should also nail?
DOWN YOUR DINNER PLANS.
Pizza Crock Pot Pasta
- 1/2 Lb Lean ground beef I used 92% lean
- 3 1/2 Cups + 1 Tbsp Reduced sodium chicken broth divided
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic pizza sauce divided
- 1/2 Cup Turkey pepperonis packed (about 24 pepperonis)
- 1/2 Cup Cooked ham chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 8 Oz Gluten-free rotini pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp Non-GMO Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Crumble the ground beef into the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker and add in 1 cup of the broth, reserving the rest for later.
- Cook on low heat until the beef is cooked, about 2-3 hours. (Mine was good at 2 hours.)
- Once cooked, stir in 3/4 cup of pizza sauce (reserving the rest for later) along with the pepperonis, ham, Italian seasoning, salt and a pinch of pepper until well mixed. Then, stir in the pasta and remaining 2 1/2 Cups of broth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 Tbsp of chicken broth with the cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker.
- Cover and turn the slow cooker to HIGH heat and cook until the pasta is done, about 1 hour. You don't want to overcook your noodles, so I recommend checking about 45 minutes in and watching them closely.
- One cooked, stir in the cheese and remaining 3/4 cup of pizza sauce.
- DEVOUR immediately!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS:6
(based off 6 servings)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!