Just wanted to let you know that these easy, make-ahead breakfast delights are sponsored by my friends over at Flatout!
These 5 ingredient, gluten free freezer breakfast burritos have eggs, chicken sausage and a white bean pesto! They’re an easy, healthy make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings!
*Ducks behind computer screen*
I’m premeptivaly duck-and-covering in case of you are throwing things at me because I am calling a non-Mexican flavored item of a food a “burrito.”
I’m totally going to throw Mr. FFF under the bus, ‘cause I asked him if he thought it was fine, and HE said YES.
So there. His fault.
Even if it’s not the most classic flavor profiles that your mouth expects to taste when you’re eating a burrito, these super easy wraps of protein-packed, creamy-pesto LUVIN’ are going to be your new “go to” healthy breakfast for busy mornings.
Which is, liiiike, EVERY MORNING OF LIFE EVER.
Judging by your love of mason jar zucchini lasagna and cookie dough overnight oats and paleo breakfast cookies with kale, I KNOW that you guys are just totally head over taste buds infatuated with breakfasts that you can make BEFORE half-awake you has to get out of bed.
Realistically speaking, when does tired person + sharp kitchen objects and gadgets ever = good idea?[clickToTweet tweet=”Make 5 Ingredient #Glutenfree Pesto Freezer #Breakfast Burritos for busy mornings! @FlatoutBread” quote=”Make 5 Ingredient #Glutenfree Pesto Freezer #Breakfast Burritos for busy mornings! @FlatoutBread” theme=”style2″]
But, awake person + blending pesto + rolling burritos = DEFINITELY a recipe to CHAMPION the morning goals of your breakfast-needing self.
That pesto though guys. Let’s just park our taste buds on it for a second. Straight up – it’s the easiest thing you will ever make in the sense that it’s only 2 ingredients: pesto (duh) and WHITE BEANS.
You can probably just use plain pesto too, but don’t.
‘Cause then you would miss out on all things SUPER CREAMY AND FOOD HEAVEN that mashing and pureeing white beans into thick, velvety smooth, spreadable-YUM creates when rolled up inside a 5 ingredient (!!!!) burrito off breakfast B-L-I-S-S
Bliss-rito. That’s what we’re gonna call it. Problem solved.
The base of our bliss-rito is the VRY VRY familiar-to-you Flatout Flatbread. You’ve seen them in things like honey garlic roasted chickpea wraps and vegan healthy pumpkin pie pinwheels bites. Flatout flatbreads are the perfect healthy meal solution to keep on hand because you can do SO MUCH WITH THEM, and then come in so many options – like “gluten free” or “light!”
Wrap them. Roll them. OR BURRITO THEM. The possibilities are ENDLESS.
Other key food components that morning-you craves in the first hours of the day: eggs and sausage!
Scrambled egg whites are adding some MAJORLY serious protein POWER, and tender, golden brown chicken sausage is adding that chewy, juicy PUNCH of flavor that is required in the making of ALL good breakfast vibes.
Plus spinach. Partially because it’s healthy but mostly because I thought you would be mad if I didn’t include at least one vegetable.
TRUE LIFE FACT: I don’t eat vegetables at every meal. I bet you don’t either.
Doesn’t it feel good to get that off your chest?
You know what else feels really good?
That moment when rolling-out-of-bed-present-you realized that past-you was a MAJOR champion of all things life because your freezer is LOADED with individually packaged, heat-and-go heathy breakfasts to make yo’ mornings just a little bit easier.
Ya. That was ALL you.
P.S! Mr. FFF and I are in Mexico for the next week, and I am trying to actually unplug – my apologies for delayed responses to comments/questions!
- 8 Oz Chicken breakfast sausage
- 1 Cup Liquid egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup White beans, drained and rinsed (116g)
- 2 Tbsp Pesto, of choice
- 4 Flatout Flatbreads (Gluten Free OR Light)
- 1 Cup Spinach, Packed
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet to medium heat and cook the breakfast sausage, breaking up as it cooks, until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and pour the liquid egg whites, and a pinch of salt and pepper, into the same pan, keeping the juices from the chicken in the pan to cook the egg whites in. Scramble, stirring frequently, until the egg whites just begin to set. Transfer to a bowl to let them cool and cook a little bit more
- While the sausage/eggs cook combine the white beans, pesto and a pinch of salt and pepper in a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cup) and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Spread out a large piece of tinfoil onto your counter and lay one wrap down on top. Spread about 2 Tbsp of the white bean pesto in the center of it, followed by the spinach. Place 1/4 of the chicken in the middle of the wrap, and then 1/4 of the scrambled egg whites.
- Fold the long sides in first, making sure to hold them night and tight, so that they overlap. Then, fold the shorter ends over top, so the burrito is tightly sealed. Wrap VERY tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for 2- 3 months,
- To thaw: unwrap the burrito and place onto a microwave-safe plate. Microwave until warmed through, about 60-90 seconds.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FLATOUT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Flatout Flatbread on social media for other tasty recipes:
Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Instagram
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 7 POINTS+: 7. OLD POINTS: 6
(for 1 wrap using gluten free flatbread)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment