This quick and easy Blueberry Oatmeal with Cheesecake Swirl is a healthy, low fat and gluten free breakfast that tastes like waking up to cheesecake!
PIN Blueberry Oatmeal with Cheesecake Swirl
Are you a phase person?
Like, do you find something you love and then want to eat it forever and ever and ever the end. Only to find something new the next week that totally replaces your love for whatever your OG (how the cool kids says original) food was?
Hi. My name is Taylor and I am TOTALLY a food phase-ist. I think the ONLY thing I haven’t gone through a phase with is my nightly high protein recipe and ANYTHING to do with kabocha squash.
That squash is straight magic and I will never stop eating it.
But, this post isn’t about squash. It’s about THIS blueberries and cream oatmeal. Ohmigosh you guys. You are going to like them A LOT.
They are also part of the current “cheesecake” phase that I am in. I want all the cheesecake things. Everything needs to be made into a cheesecake thing. I even made cheesecake STUFFED strawberries. It all started with the strawberry cheesecake overnight oats.
But then the weather got cold and I wanted cheesecake, but in something just a LITTLE warmer and more cozy and so STOVE TOP blueberry oatmeal with cheesecake swirl was born.
I’m usually a creature of habit and either eat stove top oats with apples, cinnamon and ginger because it’s just this cozy flavor combo that makes you feel like your grandma is giving your stomach a big hug when you eat it. <–You should try it. It would also be good on keto oatmeal if you don’t “do oats”
Is that weird?
But then, my “in a cheesecake phase” brain wondered what adding cream cheese and fruity bursts of BLUEBERRIES would be like, instead of cinnamon, to nourish my very oatmeal-loving-soul on the coldest of winter days.
The result? A thick, warm blueberry oatmeal recipe laced with ribbons of sweet, creamy cheesecake. When you pair this with the whole fresh, blueberry yum factor, it make you feel like you’re eating STRAIGHT UP dessert But, guess what? It’s cheesecake that you can eat every day for breakfast and feel all healthy and stuff.
How to make oatmeal on the stove:
Making oatmeal on the stove is SO easy, and also makes them MUCH creamier than using the microwave.
- Mix rolled, old fashioned oats (NOT quick oats) with your spices and sweetener. Then add water – you want to use double the water that you use of oats.
- Cook the oats on high heat until they start to boil. Then, turn the heat to medium and cook until they’re your desired thickness
- SECRET: the secret to making the creamiest stove top oats is to stir them the whole time they are simmering (when you turn them to medium heat.) I don’t know why, but it adds this extra creamy dreamy factor that is OUT OF CONTROL delicious.
- Stir in your toppings – like the blueberries and cream cheese
See. Not much stands between you and a bowl of cozy, warm CHEESECAKE for breakfast.
What I’m really trying to say is: move over apples and cinnamon, you’ve been replaced.
Predicting that this “cheesecake phase” is going be hanging ‘round QUITE A WHILE.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- In a small pot, combine the oatmeal, cinnamon, and sweetener of choice.
- Add in 1 cup of water and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and bring to boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer until the oats are thick, stirring contantly. (About 5 minutes)
- Take off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the oatmeal cools, combine the cream cheese, sweetener of choice, and 1/4 tsp vanilla in a small bowl.
- Blend with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. You'll have to stop and scrape down the sides A LOT *
- Transfer the cooked oatmeal into a bowl and stir the 1/2 cup of blueberries and the cream cheese mixture.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!