Just letting you know that is cozy-food bowl of fall goodness is sponsored by my friends at Pompeian, the makes of delicious and healthy Extra Virgin Olive Oil!
This healthy cauliflower soup is blended with spicy Moroccan flavors, carrots, apples and pistachio cream for an easy, vegan and paleo-friendly fall meal!
Friends. It is MONDAY.
GAHHHHH. <— Please say I am not the only one who just wants to CRY in preparation of the day ahead when I wake up on Monday. Am I the only one totally over-the-TOP crazy over-dramatic like that?
On second thought, don’t answer that.
Instead answer me this: What are your thoughts on pistachios? You know those salty, crunchy nuts that have the MOST IMPOSSIBLE SHELL EVER TO CRACK OPEN. We’re talking blistered fingers just to get ONE open.
I’m actually pretty convinced that is specifically WHY they’re so ultra-bursting with flavor and YUM. You had to basically lose your fingers in the process, so knowing you put THAT MUCH effort into eating something, makes it eleventy billion times better. It makes sense amIright?
I’ve recently been obsessing (but when do I not obsess?) over pistachios. Ever since I made some pistachio butter and have been swapping it into my nightly high protein snack recipe, my brain-space has been pondering ALL the other ways that I could ingest my pretty-colored-worth-the-effort super healthy snacking-nut friends.
You guys, I need to just put it out there. PISTACHIO CREAM. CAN YOU EVEN RIGHT NOW?!!? See, you’re obsessing too. It’s NOT JUST ME.
You guys know that I LOVEEE cashew cream. It’s been on paleo cookies, vegetarian stir fries and even used as a dip, so the healthy-fat-loving-person that I am went AHA! Perhaps I can pistachio-fy this creamy, smooth goodness.
And it WORKED.
Pistachio cream. You could just drink it really, I would not judge you one.teensy.bit. BUTBUTBUT what you SHOULD DO is put in SOUP. Because it’s fall. Can’t you just picture yourself wrapped up in a cozy crocheted blanket (crocheted to enhance the cozy vibes) sitting next to a fire, slurping your way through a bowl of spicy, thick and oh-so-CREAMY cauliflower soup? I’m even thinking it would be SOSO good added into Moroccan instant pot hearty vegetable beef soup!
We’re talkin’ layers of toasted, nutty pistachio flavor with bursts of spicy cumin and paprika, notes of comfy-food cinnamon and allspice, all wrapped up in a zesty ginger package and tied with a sweet, fresh and crisp apple bow. Yep, it makes my soup-slurping-mouth very happy.
Let’s back up a second though. Did you read that last paragraph? AKA: FLAVOR EXPLOSION HAPPENING RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW. Preeeeety much the last thing that we would EVER want to do is add ANOTHER level of flavor BOOM. That would literally make our taste buds go BOOM. You know because they’d be so confused by what they were tasting.
That’s why I LOVE Pompeian’s new Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. You should know that I really wanted to write “smoooooooth” because it really is THAT smooth guys. It’s got a mild taste and is fruity with APPLE notes. It’s like I planned that or something. Wink Wink. Nudge Nudge. Creepy vibes yes?
I’ve told you before, but I will tell you again. Besides tasting SUPER FAB, Pompeian also is the first and only national brand of extra virgin olive oil to carry the USDA Quality Monitored Seal. Plus their olive oil reaches shelves in only 90 days, as opposed to 155 days for most other olive oils.
Fresh? Check! Super high quality? Check, the sequel! Smooth, light tasting and DELISH? YEPYEPYEP.
I think we can all tackle Monday a little easier knowing that tonight? SOUPS ON.
Vegan + Paleo Moroccan Cauliflower Soup with Carrots, Apples and Pistachio Cream
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios + additional for garnish * 67g, optional
- 2 Tbsp Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Peeled and sliced carrots about 4 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 2 cups Large Apples cored and roughly chopped (about 3 chopped)
- 3 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets (about half a large head)
- 1 cups Large onion roughly chopped (about 2 chopped)
- 2 tsps Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Reduced-sodium Vegetable broth
- 7 Tbsp Water
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lay the pistachios on a small baking sheet. Place them in the oven until lightly browned and "toasted" smelling, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted pistachios to a small sauce pan and cover by about 1 inch with water. Bring to a simmer on medium heat and simmer until they soften, about 35 minutes. Make sure to keep them covered with water, so add any to the pot as necessary while they simmer.
- While the pistachios simmer, head the olive oil on medium heat in a large pan. Add in the carrots, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped apples, cauliflower, onion, cumin powder, cinnamon, paprika, allspice, salt and a few good twists of pepper and stir until the spices and oil evenly coats all the vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth into the pan and stir around. Cover the pan and simmer until the vegetables/apples are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once the pistachios are soft, drain them and then add them into a high-powered blender, along with the water. Blend on medium speed (or "chop" on my blender) for 5 minutes, and then onto the highest speed ("puree") for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender every few minutes. You may have a few little chunks of pistachios, but they will get blended up once you had the vegetable mixture.
- Transfer all of the softened vegetable mixture, along with the broth, into the blender and blend on high speed until thick, creamy and smooth. **
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped pistachios and DEVOUR.
* I loved how thick and creamy this soup was, but Mr. FFF thought it was maybe just a bit too thick. Feel free to add more vegetable broth if you want it thinner.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT POMPEIAN. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 7. Old Points: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more Paleo & Vegan meals ideas?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!