This Easy Low Carb Keto Oatmeal is gluten, grain, dairy and sugar free! Tastes just like cozy oatmeal, hard to believe it’s missing the oats!
Cozy! Creamy! Oatmeal without oats!
Anddddd I lost you.
This is the kind of breakfast that you do not expect to work because how can you make COOKED hot oats without, umm, oats?! Will it involve some kind of wizardry magic?
My dear internet friends, the answer to that is NOPE. No Harry potter shenanigans here.
Just kidding, you will (unless you don’t eat oats) because it’s cheesecake for breakfast. DUH. But you will not be one bit mad about switching it up for this low carb oatmeal recipe because, as they say, variety is the spice of life!
Why you will love this Keto Oatmeal Recipe
If you’re following a keto diet, you know that it takes effort and lots of planning to ensure your meals align with how you want to eat! Sometimes, you might be craving a heaping bowl of pumpkin protein oatmeal or cookie dough protein oatmeal and WISHING you could indulge in some oatmeal. BUT you don’t have to say goodbye to all your favorite foods! Did you know that you CAN have oatmeal on Keto? Yep, you heard right, and today’s oatmeal recipe is going to be one of your weekday morning breakfast go-tos! It’s a low carb, high fiber, delicious way to start the day! One bowl of this will keep you full until your next meal and will give you the energy you need to tackle the busy day ahead!
Is oatmeal keto?
Because oatmeal is made primarily of oats, which are predominantly a source of carbs and is grain-based, they are not suitable for the keto diet.
Don’t worry though, this recipe is still totally allowing you to wake up to cozy, creamy “oat” goodness.
Oats for ALL I say! No one should be deprived of such breakfast heaven.
How to make Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
Making oatmeal without oats is actually one of the easiest recipes you will ever make in your life.
- Combine all the ingredients – almond flour, flax & chia seed, coconut flakes, salt, cinnamon, monkfruit, vanilla and milk in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook until they JUST begin to thicken – about 1 minute. They thicken A LOT once cooled so don’t overcook or they get a not-so-yum texture.
- Top with ALL THE THINGS and eat up!
What to put on Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
If you’re looking for some good toppings or mix-ins, here are a few of my favorite:
- Roasted, diced nuts for a crunch
- Melted nut butter or coconut butter to make it SUPER creamy
- Sugar free chocolate chips. You might even think you’re waking up to dessert!
- You could even go savory and add in some cheese, avocado and a fried egg!
Do not knock that last one till you try it. I know sometimes you question my taste buds (watermelon curry I’m looking at you) but I pinky swear that savory oatmeal is SRSLY delicious.
Keto Oatmeal FAQ
Oatmeal without oats still brings that delicious flavor and PERFECT texture you want in a bowl of oatmeal! This keto oatmeal is made with a combination of coconut flakes, chia seeds, and flax to replace the oats!
That depends on what toppings you add to your oatmeal! Feel free to add a handful of berries or ALL the healthy fats you desire! I recommend a generous drizzle of your favorite nut butter!
Make a big ol’ batch ahead of time and add a little almond milk to reheat it OR just make yourself a single-serve bowl of breakfast bliss each morning.
3 cheers for healthy fats and filling breakfasts that give us a reason to douse our food with pools of melted nut butter!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- In a medium pot, stir together all the ingredients except the milk and vanilla.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until it just begins to thicken, about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. It will thicken a lot as it cools so don't over cook.
- Once cooked, let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Add toppings and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:11 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 8
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!