This Instant Pot Apple Butter is impossibly easy and so much better and healthier than store bought! You will be putting it on EVERYTHING!
OKAY WHOA HOLD UP FRIENDS.
HOW HAVE WE NOT EATEN APPLE BUTTER YET?!
I don’t know but, either way, I am SO GLAD we came home from Europe to a tree FULL of apples and I needed to make a recipe that used A LOT OF THEM.
And so my brain said “apple butter” and I’ve been putting this in my yogurt or my morning apple pie overnight oats since then and feeling like a very smart lady for making it.
Why this recipe is Healthy
The instant pot apple butter recipe I’m going to show you today is SO simple and satisfying, and adds that perfect touch of fall warmth and sweetness to a variety of foods: dessert, oats in the morning, or spread out on a thick slice of toast! Did you know, though, that you have options when it comes to sugar and cooking/baking? For this recipe, I used coconut sugar to sweeten it, but you can also use brown sugar, raw organic cane sugar, or plain white sugar if that’s preferred. The sweetness of the apples themselves also lend to the flavor of the apple butter, and apples have great health benefits too. They are rich in fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals to promote healthy bones, skin and teeth! Other great apple recipes on the blog are brie grilled cheese sandwiches with apples and easy sweet cornbread with applesauce, just to name a couple!
How do I make Apple Butter Instant Pot?
Place all of the ingredients on your list into the instant pot. Taking a wooden spoon, stir to combine everything.
Seal and Cook
Place the lid on your instant pot and ensure the vent is set to sealing. Set the pot to manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
Once cooked, do an instant steam release. Take off the lid, set the pot to sautee mode, and sautee the butter for 5 minutes. Don’t stop stirring during this time so as not to burn anything! It should thicken and reduce while you cook.
Transfer the hot, finished apple butter to a container and allow it to cool and thicken at room temperature.
Seal with a lid and store, and spread and enjoy it on anything and everything!
Top Tips for making Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Make sure not to skip the sautee part at the end, as this allows it to thicken up a lot!
- Use Granny Smith apples instead of another variety. They are the best for baking and their tart flavor pairs well with the sweetness of the sugar, keeping all the elements balanced!
- Blend it up afterwards if you desire to make it super creamy (who doesn’t!)
Apple Butter FAQ
What is the difference between applesauce and apple butter?
Apple butter is basically like a more concentrated applesauce. Instant pot apple butter is cooked longer, which removes more water and allows the ingredients to caramelize, whereas apple sauce contains much more water and does not cook as long.
What do I spread apple butter on?
These instant pot apples would be AH-MAZING on any type of bread you want, drizzled over an ice cream sundae or a slice of pound cake, or mixed up in a bowl of oatmeal or porridge! Feel free to get creative with how you use it!
Once the apple butter is cooked and cooled, you can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week. Enjoy!
OTHER APPLE RECIPES
- Chai Apple Bars
- No Bake Whole30 Apple Almond Butter Bars
- Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Honey Cinnamon Apples
- Place all of the ingredients in your Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Cover, making sure the vent is set to sealing, and set for manual high pressure for 15 mins.
- Once cooked, do an instant steam release. Remove the lid and turn to sautee mode. Sautee for 10-13 mins, stirring constantly, until thick and reduced.
- Transfer to a container and let cool to room temperature (it thickens as it cools.)
- DEVOUR on everything!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!