Blue Diamond Almonds is sponsoring this delicious, Game-changing snack! How awesome is that?!
These sushi bites are made of creamy Greek yogurt, avocado and crab meat and topped on a cucumber. They’re a healthy, low carb snack that tastes like an California Roll, for only 40 calories!
Crispy-fresh slices of juicy cucumber, piled HIGH with creamy Greek yogurt, avocado and tender,chewy crab meat, sprinkled with some spicy almond crumbles for the CRUNCH.
AKA: the only way that I’ve been able to get through watching football this season with the Hubs. He thinks I’m doing it to show interest in HIS interests, like good wives do.
You and I both know…I’m just there for THE SNACKS. #diditforthesnacks. That’s going to be our super-cool new hashtag mmkay?
Ok fellow friends of the interwebz variety. What’s your stance on this season where our husbands, or boyfriends, get together to watch little men chase a ball around on TV? Do you actually understand it?
And if you do. Please adopt me and teach me the ways so that I can say something smart and maybe MR.FFF will be SO proud that he will clean my whole kitchen for me? Too far? Goals to big?
But, until someone shows up my door and ‘splains this “football thang” to me: California Roll Bites.
LIIKKE, you know sushi. You love sushi. I know you love it because I love it and we’re super mind-connected internet twinz and we do, and like, ALL the same stuff. These bites have got all the cucumber-crunchiness and super-creamy-crabby filling of a California roll. They even have teensy-tiny bits of crispy seaweed INSIDE to get in some MAJAH sushi vibes. You know what’s even more ah-may-zing though?
You don’t need to risk dipping your sushi in the soy sauce and wasabi, where you POSSIBLYMAYBE could accidentally put on too much and your whole rolls identity is changed. It’s no longer “Hello, I am a super-yum sushi roll and I am going to enter your hungry face and make your taste buds tingle.” More like “BAHAH I’m evil, way-too-spicy sushi roll and I will BURN YOUR FACE OFF.”
Sushi goals: INCOMPL-EAT.
You can control the amount of wasabi and soy-flavored-ness because there is actually NO wasabi. It’s all in the form of Blue Diamond’s Wasabi and Soy Sauce flavored almonds. <— Bet you didn’t see that one COMIN’.
It’s the perfect little spicy-crunch to all the creamy goodness goin’ on. Then, it’s balanced with a burst of refreshing, juicy cucumber. There’s even a few almonds IN the filling to make it super thick and multi-textured.
Plus. NO RICE = so much less carbs than a California roll +++ only 40 CALORIES. <— Are you thinking of your New Year’s Resolutions and how there justsohappens to be a HYOOGE and important football day that happens around the beginning of them.
‘Course you are. You’re a smartie like that.
A-L-S-O didja know that putting ingredients in your food processor and clicking “on” is about 42 bazillion* times easier than attempting to channel your inner sushi ninja warrior and making the traditional kind yourself? TRUF.
*Not a real, researched number. Took a guess. Could be an exaggeration.
This whole post has made Miso hungry.
HAD TO DO IT.
- 1/2 Cup Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds + additional for garnish
- 1 Cup Avocado mashed (240g or 2 avocados)
- 1/2 Cup Plain Fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Gluten Free seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt optional - to taste
- 1/2 Cup Canned crab meat you can use fresh if you prefer
- 1 Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 2 pieces Sheets Nori Cut into small seaweed
- Sliced cucumber for serving
- Place the almonds into a large food processor and crush until broken down into small pieces. Add in the mashed avocado, Greek yogurt, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and optional salt and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and gently fold in the crab meat, sesame seeds and cut nori sheets until well combined.
- Drop the mixture (or use a piping bag if you want to be fancy) onto sliced cucumber pieces. Finely chop a few additional almonds and sprinkle on top of the bites.
- DEVOUR. *
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.
Stay in touch with Blue Diamond Almonds on Social Media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 1. OLD POINTS: 1 FREESTYLE POINTS:1
(per 1 bite)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy appetizers?
Healthy Kale and Parmesan Greek Yogurt Dip
Leave a Comment