These easy, paleo-friendly Mexican chicken bowls have grilled cauliflower rice and a spicy-sweet pineapple chili sauce! They’re a healthy, gluten free dinner that’s big on flavor!
Do you have a fall back food flavor?
You know. You get home from work. You’re tired. You were a VRY VRY hard working person all day.
AND NOW. You need to MAKE DINNER.
I mean, whose idea was it to make people work all day, only to come home and WORK MORE? <– Probably someone who likes to eat. I guess I can understand that.
If you’re anything like me, after doing ALL the things all day long, the last thing that I want to do is attempt to rub together any remaining brain cells that I may have left, to figure out what to shovel into my hangry little, dinner-needing mouth.
On those days: we do Mexican.
Confession alert: sometimes my fall back is actually healthy stuffed French toast with PB & J. Hello my name is Taylor. And I am 5.
BUT, when I’m wearing my adult pants, I like to opt for gluten free healthy grilled recipes and typically we eat flavor profiles with a little south ‘o the BORDAH flair. There’s something magical that happens when tangy lime juice hits the tip of my taste buds, tangoes with spicy chili and cumin, zesty onion and crispy pops of crunchy, grilled corn and then dances alllllll the way into my happy little tummy.
Considering ya’ll have been ALL OVAH the Mexican recipes on FFF (“cheesy” Mexican quinoa and Mexican Sweet Potato Salad I am looking at YOU) I just know in my spicy-food loving heart that we share the same lovin’ feelings.
<3 <3 <3 <– To illustrate.
New discovery alert: did you know that you can GRILL cauliflower rice? I mean, don’t try to grill it post-rice-ing (unless you enjoy picking it out of your BBQ) BUT you can grill your florets until chewy and tender. THEN, dump those smoky, charred little bites of yumminess into the food processor.
Spoiler alert! It makes THE most amazing cauliflower rice that ever happened to your life.
Like, you don’t even have to pretend like you actually enjoy eating pseudo-rice made out of – gasp- VEGETABLES. (I know you’ve longed for a stack of the real deal when munchin’ some mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice. You can be honest with me. And yourselves.)
SRSLY though. Even the hubs liked it. And he is NOT a fan of anything cauliflower rice. Like, ever.
Next on the list of “crazy addicting things that we need to discuss putting into your mouth:” This vinaigrette though.
Tangy lime, sweet pineapple juice, a pop of heat from adobe sauce and creamy olive oil. That’s really it.
Simple. AND SO ADDICTING.
I would not even judge you if you make extra.
And serve it on the side.
In a cup.
Instead of water.
Not that I did that or anything. *shifty eyes*
The spicy-sweet dressing mingles with all the charred flavor that we’ve got jumping out of this sexy-mexi (just roll with it) little bowl of pure dinner bliss and, just when you think it’s ALL OVER…
Your teeth sink into a smoky-sweet grilled pineapple.
And then a creamy BURST of rich, smooth avocado.
Pineapple Grilled Cauliflower Rice Mexican Chicken Bowls
For the chicken:
- 8 oz Chicken Breast
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
For the cauliflower rice:
- 3 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped + additional for garnish
For the salsa:
- 3/4 Cup Corn kernels (thawed frozen or right from the cob, which is about 1 small cob) (omit for paleo option)
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple chunks or 4 pineapple rings
- 1/4 Cup Onion roughly chopped
For the bowl
- 2 Cups Field greens
- 1/2 Cup Tomato diced
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- Place the chicken into a bowl and cover with the juice from half a lime. Let it sit and marinate while you prep the rest of the ingredients and preheat your grill to medium high heat (about 350 degrees.) Place a grill basked onto the grill while it heats.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place it into the heat grill basket and cook until light charred and fork tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring once. Transfer to a bowl.
- Then, rub the chicken with the cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill until no longer pink inside, flipping once. This takes about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate cover with tinfoil and keep warm until ready to use. Additionally, place the grill basket back on the grill to heat. *
- Place all for the ingredients for the salsa** into the grill basket and cook until charred, about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. NOTE: Make sure to spray the grill basket with cooking spray before hand, so the veggies/fruit don't stick.
- While the salsa cooks, place the cauliflower into a food processor, along with the cilantro, and pulse until small and rice-like.
- Divide the cooked cauliflower rice, field greens, tomato and avocado between two bowls. Slice the chicken and divide it between the bowls, followed by the grilled salsa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients, up to the olive oil. Then, while whisking, stream in the olive oil until well mixed. Pour over top of the bowls.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and DEVOUR.
**If using pineapple rings, place them directly on the grill beside the basket.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 10 POINTS+: 12. OLD POINTS: 10
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy Mexican dinners?
Mexican chicken from around the web:
Chicken Burrito Brown Rice Bowl – Avocado a Day Nutrition
Grilled Adobo Chicken Burgers – Cotter Crunch
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!