These gluten free, vegan cookie dough oatmeal breakfast bars let you feel like you’re having dessert for breakfast! They’re an easy, portable option to have for busy mornings!
Cookie dough for breakfast? HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE IT.
Exactly. You have to.
True life confession time though: I really only made a recipe for cookie dough because I am not-at-all-secretly obsessed with it. I’ve shoved it into your hungry mouth’s in the form of a cookie dough ice cream recipe, vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough, cookie dough overnight oats and even a cookie dough almond butter recipe.
Something inside my soul tells me that I should call my blog “COOKIE DOUGH FOREVER AND EVER”
But I think that might be a just a LITTLE too limiting. I don’t think of any of your hungry bellies would continue rumbling if I served a steaming hot plate of cookie dough mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice.
Because I am “THAT GIRL” who gets totally addicted to foods and eats them every single day forever, I also obsess over oatmeal breakfast bars: pumpkin oatmeal breakfast bars in the slow cooker or cacao peanut oatmeal breakfast bars with banana, don’t care what kind. Just want to stuff them in my HANGRY morning-person mouth STAT.
You get it. I know this is your life too. I can feel it.
It was obviously only a matter of time before – BOOM – the 2 magical things that I <3 <3 <3 would be smushed together in what can only be called the most perfect of food marriages, and the ULTIMATE way to make yourself roll of out bed.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: will wake up for dessert.
X-CEPT “dessert” is actually secretly healthy, vegan-friendly, gluten free and boasting a HEAVY hit of real food goodness in the form of healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars.
With a HUGE scoop of yumminess RIGHT ON TOP.
SRSLY. Breakfast Nirvana. It has arrived and it’s pulling up a seat at your table.
Whether you share your coffee is up to you.
I’m voting no on that because #SharingProblems and #CoffeeAddicted.
In other news, do you not love how chickpeas make the most gloriously creamy cookie dough without the need for flours, butters or generally any not-so-good-for-you ingredients? Plus, THE PROTEIN BOOST.
Whoever said you can’t grow big muscles and eat your cookie dough too had it SRSLY wrong.
But what is NOT wrong, is the choice to mow down on approximately 6 soft, chewy, cinnamony-sweet squares of breakfast B-L-I-S-S tomorrow morning.
Vegan Cookie Dough Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
For the base:
- 3/4 Cup Very ripe banana, mashed 180g
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Gluten free rolled, old-fashioned oats (50g) (Gluten free if needed)
- 5 Tbsp Powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Oat flour (click to see how to make it yourself!) (26g) (Gluten free if needed)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For the cookie dough top:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub an 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the banana, coconut sugar and apple cider vinegar and until well mixed.
- Add in the oats, powdered peanut butter, oat flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and stir until well mixed. Spread the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- If you haven't already, remove the skins from the chickpeas by gently rubbing them between your fingers and peeling off the papery thin skin that lifts up. Add the skinned chickpeas into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups.)
- Add in all the remaining ingredients, up to the chocolate chips, and blend until smooth and creamy. You'll need to stop and scrape down the sides every so often. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Gently spread the cookie dough evenly on top of the oatmeal base until it's fully covered. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake until the edges are lightly golden brown, begin to pull away from the sides and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17-18 minutes.
- Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan before slicing.
- Once cool, slice and DEVOUR
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 4 Points+: 4. Old Points: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!