Just wanted you to know that this meal-prep Monday recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These chicken satay meal prep bowls are a healthy, gluten free make-ahead meal that’s perfect for work days! They’re protein packed and lower carb to keep you full!
Wow oh wow oh wow you guys.
If these little containers of meal-prep-food bliss don’t make bored-of-sad-desk-lunches you VRY VRY excited about the actual eating of lunch at your desk, I do NOT know what will.
Our story starts with slices of tender, juicy, SUCCULENT (too much?) chicken that gets tossed with the warm flavors of ginger and the slightly-sweet, PUNCHY flavors of tropical coconut.
Of course, all that is mixed with golden, brown, perfectly sautéed cauliflower rice (because cauliflower rice FO LYFE YO) and mish-mashed with CRUNCHY bursts of snow peas and cabbage, the crispiest notes of water chestnut these majorly crave able, fresh notes of cilantro and mint.
WITH THAT SAUCE.
Oh. Thaaaat sauuucccce.
Spoiler alert: you’re gonna want to put it on everything, meal prep bowl or NOT.[clickToTweet tweet=”Have no more sad desk lunches with these #healthy Chicken Satay #MealPrep Bowls! @AmorettiFoods!” quote=”Have no more sad desk lunches with these #healthy Chicken Satay #MealPrep Bowls! @AmorettiFoods!” theme=”style2″]
As the weather warms up, my taste buds have been craving ULTRA fresh, summer-flavored things and we have been eating vegan cucumber noodles mango summer rolls for, liiiike, the past week.
Well, not last week. We were moving last week and I am currently up to my eyeballs in boxes. #MovingLife.
BUT, you know what I mean. The week BEFORE last.
My favorite part about summer rolls is the creamy satay sauce that you smear ALL over them, and let it coat your entire mouth was you munch through each mega-delicious bite of ULTRA refreshing food NIRVANA.
My internet BFF’s, who also appreciate good food, why do we reserve such creamy dippable-deliciousness for SUCH FEW FOOD ITEMS?
NOT HAVING THAT ANYYYYMORE.
In my mind, a good satay sauce is all about that underlying toasty, nutty flavor. But, considering I could eat EVERY single kind of nut forever and ever and ever (#nutaddict) why should I limit us to O-N-E kind, when we could have ALL THE KINDS?
Enter: Amoretti’s Nut and Seed Butter!
It’s made with a crazy amazing, creamy blend of cashews, almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts and some super-heart-healthy flax, chia and pumpkin seeds!
Did you notice that? No peanuts! <— And all the people with peanut allergies of the world say YAAAAS.
ALL of these nuts and seeds swirling together with rich coconut oil, tangy lime juice and a little pop of sweet agave give this sauce a DEPTH of flavor that cascades over your tongue and tingles your taste buds in an altogether incr-EDIBLE sensation.
If you liked last month’s chicken burrito bowl for meal prep, then you are gonna RLY RLY like these magnificent-meal-prep bowls of LOVE.
Let’s be real with each other: any day that you can eat DELICIOUS, nutritious and wholesome food A-N-D feel like you’ve got this ADULTING thing down because, GO YOU – you meal prepped! – is a GOOD day.
I think it’s even safe to say that you’re going to be THAT person at the office who all the coworkers eyeball in a way that makes you just KNOW that, inside their brains, is a SERIOUS case of LUNCH ENVY.
OWN IT. EAT IT. LOVE IT.
Chicken Satay Meal Prep Bowls
For the bowls:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil, divided
- 8 Oz Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Cups Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Cup Snow Peas
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh mint, sliced
- 1 Cup Coleslaw mix (not the dressing - just the cabbage blend)
- 1/4 Cup Water chestnuts, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil up in a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add in the cubed chicken and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink inside, about 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cauliflower in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down and rice-like.
- Heat up the remaining 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil a medium pan on medium heat and cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Once the chicken is done, divide it between 2 storage containers. Place the snow peas into the hot pan, using the residual oils to cook the peas until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Divide between the 2 containers.
- Place the cooked cauliflower rice into a bowl and mix with the cilantro, mint and a pinch of salt. Divide between the 2 containers. Then, divide the coleslaw mix and water chestnuts between the 2 containers. Top with a bit of green onion and sesame seeds and cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. Divide between 2 small containers and store at room temperature.*
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 15 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN BOTTLE OF NUT AND SEED BUTTER SO YOU CAN MAKE THIS CAKE! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 05/22/2017 until 05/29/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 14 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 10
(Per 1 bowl)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!