These are the best paleo coconut flour brownies with almond butter! They’re SO dense, chewy and fudgy that you’ll never believe they are vegan, gluten/grain/dairy/oil free!
PIN Best Paleo Coconut Flour Brownies with Almond Butter
You know those moments in life when you just want to DROP THE MIC because there is no way, no how that life can get any better?
You’ve reached the TOP and there is no GOING UP from there?
These almond butter brownies are THAT MOMENT.
They are SUPREMELY dense, AMAZINGLY chewy and RICH and deep and SO CHOCOLATEY.
MIC. DROP. Defining my dessert-eating-life SO HARD right now.
I know that everyone has PRETTY strong opinions on what a “good brownie” should be. In all my years of brownie-making, I’ve come across two types of “brownie eaters:”
- Team CAKEY brownie. These weird humans (sorry, just being real) prefer to shovel brownies into their face that are basically just smaller slices of icing-less gluten free chocolate CAKE.
I mean. Why would you do that? Just eat the chocolate cake so you can ALSO have the icing <– AKA the best part.
- Team FUDGY brownies. These are the normal people of the world who understand that brownies and CAKE should be 2 VRY VRY different things.
Don’t worry, if you like cakey brownies, we can still be internet friends.
Buttttt you should probably not make these brownies with coconut flour because you will not love them as much as I DO in the sense that NO CAKEY-NESS IS HAPPENING HERE.
These may just be the best paleo coconut flour brownies with almond butter that I have ever created for the chocolate-loving-people that I KNOW you are. They are SO fudgy, so chewy, and even put the protein low carb keto brownies, coconut almond skillet paleo brownies and superfood paleo brownies to SHAME. <– I usually try to not pick favorites, but it just felt SO necessary today.
And, you know what? They do it WITHOUT butter or oil.
Almond butter slithers (weird word choice? PROBABLY) it’s creamy little, velvety-smooth self up in every nook and cranny of deep, dark CHOCOLATEY perfection to create the YUMMIEST, heart-healthy fat HUG that gives these brownies their MEGA chewy quality.
With the help of baking soda and coconut flour, just like last week’s paleo coconut flour chocolate chip cookies.
Nerdy-science-baking-side-note: do you know the difference between baking soda and baking powder? Baking powder makes baked good rise, which gives them a cakier texture. Baking soda promotes spread and gives baked goods a denser texture. HOWEVER, with all the almond butter in this recipe, you need to use baking powder to combat the heavy fat. This is why baking powder is used in these paleo coconut flour brownies with almond butter.
DON’T WANT NONE OF THAT ICING-LESS CAKE SHENANIGANS HERE.
Do you not just feel so accomplished due to learning things without having to Google it? I know I always feel that way.
I once read somewhere that “adulting” is really just being tired all the time and Googling how to do stuff, and it is SO TRUE.
You know what is also true?
The love that you’re gonna have for these fudgy, chocolatey-clouds of brownie BLISS.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Paleo Coconut Flour Brownies with Almond Butter
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of the almond butter, reserving the rest for later, along with the honey in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the almond butter is smooth and melted, about 1-2 mins.
- Add in the coconut sugar and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium heat until JUST combined, only about 20 seconds. Do not overmix or you will add too much air into the brownies and they will sink when baking.
- Add in the apple sauce and vanilla and gently whisk by hand until combined, being careful to not whisk in too much air.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and gently whisk by hand until smooth and combined. Your batter will be quite thick. Let stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can begin to absorb the moisture.
- Transfer to the baking pan and spread out evenly. Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of almond butter and drizzle all over the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
- Once cool, slice and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 brownie)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!