Just wanted to let you know that these basil pesto chicken pasta meal prep bowls are sponsored by my friends over at Redmond Real Salt!
These pesto chicken meal prep bowls are an easy, low carb, gluten free and protein packed lunch for work! A healthy meal for kids or adults that’s only 260 calories!
PIN Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Meal prep Bowls
That are gonna make you feel like the MVP of the meal-preppin’ lunch game.
With all those recipes, this recipe AND the sausage and brussels sprouts meal prep bowls, you are good for the WEEK.
These little bowls of love are the kind of meal that makes you fall head over heels in love with simple, delicious flavors and make you realize that you don’t need 1000 ingredients in every recipe to make BIG, BOLD, CRAVEABLE flavors happen in your real-life-food-eating LIFE.
- ZUCCHINI. Spiralized into noodles because, really, how much more fun and exciting is eating vegetables when you can pretend that they’re pasta?
Of course, if TRU CARBS are more your jam, you could sub in some fettucine noodles and make this a REAL pesto chicken pasta salad.
Or maybe you’re feeling super RAW and CUTTING EDGE today, and you want to mix fettuccine AND zucchini noodles when entering into the lunch-land that is these creamy basil pesto chicken pasta meal prep bowls?[clickToTweet tweet=”Make these #Lowcarb Greek Yogurt Pesto Chicken & Zucchini Noodle #Mealprep bowls this week for no more sad desk lunches! @RealSalt #glutenfree #healthyrecipe” quote=”Make these #Lowcarb Greek Yogurt Pesto Chicken & Zucchini Noodle #Mealprep bowls this week for no more sad desk lunches! @RealSalt #glutenfree #healthyrecipe” theme=”style2″]
The meal prep lunch horizon is yours to create and explore.
- ROASTY TOMATOES. Literally one of the fanciest feeling vegetables in all the land except – wait for it – they’re only 3 INGREDIENTS and take, liiiike, 10 minutes to make.
A little olive oil, a little salt and a little up-close-and-personal time with an oven and you’ve got blister-y tomatoes that EXPLODE in juicy-freshness up in your lunch-munchin’ mouth.
- GREEK YOGURT PESTO. Which is exactly what it sounds like.
Like in the cauliflower pizza, a mixture of creamy Greek yogurt, fresh basil and a drizzle of rich and FLAVORFUL olive oil dances around each cube of juicy baked chicken in a way that makes your taste buds happy and your hungry belly FULL until dinner.
- SEA SALT. IE: The seasoning that every single one of you has at home RIGHT NOW. IE, the sequel, the VERY reason that all these simple, whole-food, ingredients come together in a flavor TRIFECTA of deliciousness.
Redmond Real Salt is sprinkled on the tomatoes to bring out their naturally-sweet yumminess, it draws out all the water and flavor from the zoodles AND it heightens all those fresh, bright bursts of basil in the pesto.
Without Real Salt these basil pesto chicken pasta meal prep bowls, with their uncomplicated ingredients would be a LITTLE underwhelming.
Their Ancient Fine Sea Salt is mined from one source in Utah and it’s also unrefined and contains beneficial trace minerals. HEALTH YO.
It’s also got this real, FULL flavor and natural sweetness that the inner salt-obsessed-person in me RLY RLY digs.
A perfect pinch of Real Salt in allll the right places takes these simple little flavors to NEXT LEVEL DELICIOUSNESS.
Can we also talk about the fact that you should probably make EXTRA chicken when you make these basil pesto chicken pasta meal prep bowls, because it happens to be good on a LOT of other things? I’ve been throwing it on a salad, in a wrap, mixing it with eggs.
You name it.
This chicken does it.
Before you venture too far off the beaten pesto chicken path though, make sure it’s nestled among spirals of tender-crisp zoodles and juicy tomatoes.
That little combo is gonna nestle RIGHT INTO YOUR HEART.
Creamy Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Meal prep Bowls
For the chicken
- 1 Lb Boneless, skinless Chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
For the pesto:
- 1/2 Cup Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Basil, firmly packed (12g or a .75 oz package) + additional for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
For the zoodles: *
- 4 Medium zucchinis, spiralized with blade B
- 2 tsp Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
For the tomatoes:
- 2 Cups Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes. Once cooked, increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the Greek yogurt, basil and garlic in a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Dice the cooked chicken and stir it into the pesto. Divide the chicken between 2 meal prep bowls.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl and add the zoodles into it. Sprinkle with the salt and stir to coat. Let them sit and release their moisture, stirring every so often.
- In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes and olive oil together. Sprinkle with the sea salt and then spread onto a baking sheet. Bake until the tomatoes just begin to soften and burst, about 10-12 minutes. Divide between the meal prep bowls.
- Squeeze out as much moisture from the zoodles as you can and then divide between the meal prep bowls. Add some more sliced basil if you'd like.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 3-4 days for meal prep.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT REAL SALT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Redmond Real Salt on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS: 3 POINTS+: 6 OLD POINTS: 5
(For 1 bowl)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!