Grow an amazing booty in the comfort of your own home with these 5 fantastic at home butt exercises! You will feel the burn!
PIN At Home Butt Exercises
Look, we’re back with more exercises!
I figured we really need to bring the “fitness” part of “Food Faith Fitness” into the blog more since it’s been 7 years and probably only 5 or so workouts!
PLUS, you guys LOVED the at-home shoulder workout with resistance bands I posted a few weeks ago, so I wanted to give you MORE! Especially with this crazy time and not being able to go to a gym, ya know?
As a woman, I know we all want a nice booty 🙂 So, I’m here with some at-home butt exercises to start you off!
These glute exercises would be great to add to a leg day. I also love doing bridges with no weights on non-workout days to keep my glutes active from being sat on all day!
Glute activation is KEY to growing a nice pair of glutes, so it’s important to keep them active 😊
Remember, I’m also sharing awesome workouts in my new book with a lot of information on why and how you should exercise for optimal healthy and body composition! CLICK HERE for more details!
Here’s the exercises:
- Glute Bridge March – Get into a bridge position and keep your core tight. Pick one knee up at a time, like you’re marching all while squeezing your glutes. A great body weight exercise!
- Weighted glute bridge. Super simple and effective. Lay down on your back with your knees bent and at 90 degrees. Push your body up, tucking your shoulders under you and use your arms to help hold you up. Place a dumbbell or two across your lap and slowly lower your hips down to the ground, then use your glutes to push back up, tucking your pelvis under you at the top. You can do without weight too!
- Hamstring sliders – Lay in the same position as the glute bridge, but with your feet on two sliders (or yogurt or ice cream lids) Slowly slide your feet out and then use your hamstrings and glutes to pull them back to the starting position
- Bulgarian Split Squats – SO good for overall leg development. I have to say these are my least fav exercise of all time, but they work so well, so I do ‘em anyway. Stand in a lunge position with your back foot elevated, holding weights in your hands. Make sure your front foot isn’t too close or too far from whatever is elevating your back foot! Lunge down (don’t let the back knee touch the ground) and then use your glute to drive yourself back up. You can do without weights too!
- Weighted frog pumps– Start by placing your feet together and spreading your knees out, Lie back on the floor as you would for glute bridges. You can put a dumbbell across your waist. Squeezing your booty hard, lift your hips so that your body makes a straight line to your knees. Lower your bum back down to the floor, and repeat. I like to do this with my chin tucked but head elevated as I find I get a better squeeze that way! These can be done body weight too!
So, will you try any of these? Let me know in a comment!
I can’t wait for you to feel the burn!