These quick and easy apple pie vegan overnight oats let you have healthy pie for breakfast! They’re a gluten free, make-ahead breakfast, that is under 300 calories and is perfect for busy mornings!
Applie pie overnight oats.
That is what my editorial calendar says I am supposed to post today.
Clearly I did not drink coffee before writing the recipe title into it. Then again….we all know my language can be questionable no matter how much coffee I have consumed at any given moment.
Do you dream in apple pie?
Liiiiike, do you ever find yourself imagining that moment when you slice into a crispy, buttery golden-brown crust (maybe with a lattice top if you’re feeling extra Martha Stewart-y. It is a dream right?) and end in those cinnamon-covered, perfectly tender apples…
And then you are about to shovel a HYOOGE spicy-sweet bite of dessert nirvana into your pie-hole (had to)…and you WAKE UP.
To a mint chocolate green smoothie, oatmeal breakfast bar or egg muffin. Which, although all of those are tasty, they are nowhere NEAR as epic as shoveling that apple pie into your mouth like you were juuuuuuust about to do.
Dreams are so rude sometimes. What is up with this waking up business?
Because we’re eating apple pie overnight oats!
Yes, it is not actually pie. BUT, it tastes like it. PLUSPLUSPLUS it is full of healthy-wholesome goodness and you can make it ahead, so it’s just as easy as eating boring above mentioned smoothie.
Did I mention the MICROWAVE crunchy-crispy streusel-like topping (as seen in the microwave spiralized gluten free apple crisp breakfast bowls) that I may or MAY have been sprinkling THICK on just about anything that I decide need a little burst of sweet-toasty-nuttiness added to its general flavor profile.
Ummmm, which is, liiiiike, ALL the food that I consume in my day. You understand me.
In other news: I just realized that this is the SEVENTH dessert-inspired overnight oats recipe that we have had….in not even 1 YEAR. There’s been cookie dough overnight oats, strawberry cheesecake overnight oats, snickerdoodle vegan overnight oats, gluten free cinnamon roll overnight oats, funfetti protein overnight oats AND vegan chocolate overnight oats.
Do they have a 12 step program? Imma ask Google after we finish up here. I’ll report back.
As per always though, I am not apologizing for this addiction. If you can have all the taste of apple pie that requires no baking (microwaving does NOT count) and it can fill your hungry belly in a keeps-the-hangries-away until lunch sorta happiness?
A few key points: when you mix sticky-sweet maple syrup with crunchy, chopped apples and microwave them, the next step is to mash them.
BUT, lemme just tell you that do NOT expect them to get all smoooooth like a criminal.
Eerrr, like apple sauce.
They are SUPPOSED to be the added texture that this cup of creamy-breakfast-yumminess NEEDS. Have no fear when the recipe says “mash” and you listen…and true mash-like consistency does not happen.
You’re doing it right. Pinky promise.
And when you mix spicy cinnamon WITH actual apple sauce and a splash of vanilla-scented almond milk, layer it over your magical-texture-filled tender apple mixture and DOUSE the top in crispy, perfectly sweet MICROWAVE crumbly topping.
You’re doing it REALLY SUPER RIGHT.
Apple Pie Vegan Overnight Oats
- 1/2 inch a Large apple chopped into 1 cubes (about 2/3 cup), I like Fujis
- 1 Tbsp Pure maple syrup + additional for serving optional *read notes
- 1 Cup Rolled old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened apple sauce
For the topping:
- 1 Tbsp Almond flour
- 1 Tbsp Rolled old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Coconut oil softened to room temperature (should be the consistency of softened butter)
- Place the chopped apple into a medium, micro-wave safe bowl and fill with water until the apples are JUST covered. Cover with a lid (or a plate) and microwave for 4 minutes, or until the apples are tender and begin to soften.
- Drain the water and add in the maple syrup. Cover the bowl again and microwave an additional 2-3 minutes until the apples are fairly soft and the syrup has absorbed into the apples a little bit.
- Using a fork mash the apples, but leave them a little bit chunky for texture. Divide between two cups. Note: your maple syrup won't be totally absorbed into the apples, this is normal. Just divide that between the 2 cups as well.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal and cinnamon together. Add in the almond milk and apple sauce and stir until well combined.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture between the two cups and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the crumbs:
- Mix together the almond flour, oatmeal and coconut sugar in a small bowl. Add in the coconut oil and mix, using your hands, until crumbly.
- Spread the mixture onto a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and the microwave for an additional 30-60 seconds until lightly golden brown. Your crumbs WON'T be crunchy yet.
- Place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to harden (I just make mine at the same time I make the oats and let them sit overnight.)
- The next morning, divide the crumbs between the cups and DEVOUR.
Recipe Notes*My husband thought this was the perfect sweetness, and I thought it could MAYBE use a little more. So, I recommend using 1 Tbsp syrup and tasting in the morning. If you need sweeter, stir in a little more syrup.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 9 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan oatmeal for breakfast?
Vegan Overnight Oats from around the web:
Elvis Overnight Oats – Eating Bird Food
Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Overnight Oats – Two Raspberries
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!