These Almond Flour Sugar Cookies are a delicious gluten free version of a classic! Perfect for fun, festive shapes and decorations!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
When warm weather comes to an end for the summer and that chilly, crisp fall air rolls in, I think there is NO reason to be sad! Why, you ask?! Because of all the delicious and comforting BAKED GOODS that fill our bellies and our homes with the most delicious aromas! From pumpkin oatmeal muffins for breakfast all the way to some decadent eggless brownies for dessert, I am HERE for all the goodies this time of year. Today’s almond flour sugar cookie recipe is going to become one of your new favorites- it’s EASY to make, is protein packed and gluten free, and is made with better-for-you ingredients that you will feel good about feeding your family.
These scrumptious, warm and tasty sugar cookies with almond flour are SO perfect because they are a gluten free, protein rich version of classic sugar cookies! Now it’s time to round up everything you will need to make them a reality in your kitchen. Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Almond Milk/Regular Milk
How to make Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and cream them together using an electric hand mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again.
Add in all remaining ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined.
Form the dough into a small disc and wrap it in plastic wrap. Place the disc in the fridge and chill for a while.
Preheat your oven and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the cookie dough into balls, pressing them down slightly on the prepared pan. Bake until lightly golden brown, then cool completely on the pan.
Make the Frosting
Beat together all the icing ingredients in a bowl until fluffy. Spread on the cookies and DEVOUR!
How to make these Cut Out Cookies
If you’re LOVING the sound of these gluten free sugar cookies almond flour but really want to make cut-out cookies, go right ahead! Simply roll out the dough ¼ inch thick, then cut them using your favorite cookie cutters. Bake them according to directions, frost, and enjoy!
How to make these Chewy or Crispy
If you want your cookies to be chewier, press out the dough more before baking, and only bake until they are SLIGHTLY golden brown. If you want a bit more crisp and crunch to your cookies, bake them a bit longer in the oven.
Top Tips for making Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- Chill The Dough: It may be tempting to roll out and bake your sugar cookies right away, but resist the temptation! It’s important for the texture of the cookies to chill the dough before baking your cookies.
- Cool COMPLETELY: Any cookies made with almond flour are a bit more fragile than those made with all purpose flour. I recommend cooling them COMPLETELY on the pan before indulging in these cookies.
more almond flour treats
For the frosting:
- 3 Tbsp Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until well mixed. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir in all the remaining cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour onto a piece of plastic wrap and wrap into a thin disk. Refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into heaping 1 Tbsp sized balls and press out about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden brown and then cool completely on the pan.
- Beat all the ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Spread on the cookies and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!