5 Reasons why you need to be eating pumpkin, including 6 healthy dessert recipes using it!
Whoa, a NUTRITION POST.
Are you totally confused because I pretty much ONLY ever post recipes…and now we’ve had a workout and a NUTRITION themed post in ONE MONTH?
I figured I should probably start writing more of the “fitness” part of “Food Faith Fitness,” you know?
So, what I’m thinking is, every so often, I’ll pick a new food, share some of its top health benefits, AND give you a few recipe ideas to make that feature that ingredient.
Short, sweet and INFORMATIVE YO.
I don’t know about you, but I think it’s important to eat balanced diet, so I hope that these posts will help you make some food choices. Whatcha think, like the idea?
First off, because it’s SEPTEMBER, is OBVIOUSLY pumpkin and I’m just over here eating all the creamy pumpkin pasta sauce I can GET.
Here are 5 quick benefits:
- Pumpkin is considered a super food, which means it’s nutrient-rich and packs a good dose of antioxidants, which help prevent illnesses and chronic diseases.
- Just 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree has 23-29% of your daily Vitamin A requirements, which is important for neurological function. Your BRAIN yo’.
- It has the phytochemicals lutein and zeaxanthin that promote eye health. <– Clearly, I need to eat more, considering I’m legally blind.
- Eating pumpkin improves joint health. A British study found that people with the highest intake of beta-cryoptoxanthin (a nutrient found in pumpkin) had half the risk of developing joint inflammation as those with lower intake
- It helps lower the risk of lung and prostate cancer.
6 Healthy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
Paleo & Vegan Pumpkin Blondies
Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Pumpkin Edible Cookie Dough Cups with Kettle Corn
Pumpkin Spice Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
Leave a Comment