Hey, it’s Monday!
Aaaand now you all hate me for reminding you.
How was ya’lls Valentines Day weekend? Did you do anything fun, exciting and totally life-changingly-thrilling-and-romantic?
We did. We ate sushi and we started watching “Breaking Bad.”
I know, we are the most romantic couple to ever walk the face of the planet.
But seriously, have you guys watched this show? Oh. My. Gosh. Goodbye life.
I am not even joking. After we watched 1 episode I was like “hey babe, between trying to keep blogging, going to work, exercising and needing to watch all the seasons, I am probably not gonna have much time to clean our house kay?” And he was all “Totally get it, no worries.”
I can just picture us on the couch in front of the tube, cuddled up under a blanket..of cobwebs.
Ya, I went there.
Phew. Now I have got that off my chest and we discuss those orange, ground things otherwise known as carrots.
There’s not a ton to be said about carrots right? They’re orange. They have green things sprouting out the top. They are healthy. They give you good eyes (I guess I should have eaten more growing up) and bunnies like them. Chomp Chomp.
Oh. And they are really really REALLY delicious.
Especially when you roast them in coconut oil and toasted cumin and coriander and then sprinkle on some fresh cilantro.
This may be the carrot recipe to end all side dish carrot recipes you guys. I didn’t even have to coax the huberoni into eating his veggies AND we have eaten them multiple times. I know, I feel like I should be all “JK, I AM TOTALLY LYING TO YOU!” But…I am not. It happened, and it was good.
Plus, these are like the easiest thing to happen to the earth since the invention of those frozen “Uncrustable” Pb & J sandwiches. Side note: Those kinda freak me out. A lot. I mean, they are CIRCLES! What kind of sandwich is a circle. Can it even be called a sandwich when it looks like a little Pb & J filled UFO? I think not.
AS always, this is getting off topic quickly.
Do yourself (and me) a favour and change your life in two ways:
1. Watch “breaking Bad”
2. Eat carrot WHILE WATCHING “Breaking Bad.”
So much epic in that sentence. Can’t handle it.
P.s There is still time to enter the candy apple red KitchenAid Stand Mixer Giveaway!
- 16 Small Carrots (About 6 cups of slices)
- 2 tsps Coriander seeds
- 2 Tsps Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut all the carrots into sticks and set aside.
- Heat a small pan to medium/high heat (do not spray with cooking spray or oil) and toasted the coriander and cumin seeds, stiring constantly, until lightly golden and aromatic, only about 1 minute (they burn quickly!)
- Crush the toasted seeds and set aside. *
- In a large bowl combine the carrot sticks, melted coconut oil and garlic. Stir in the crushed seeds and mix well until the carrots are evenly covered.
- Pour the carrots onto a large baking pan so that they are in one layer and have space between each stick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 40-50 minutes, stiring every 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and devour!