Chicken is marinated in Greek yogurt, chia seeds and lemon juice, baked and served over zucchini noodles for a quick, easy and healthy weeknight dinner!
And, really, that is far as my brain is going right now.
It’s one of those dreaded days of WRITERS BLOCK. Or it could be because I just woke up and I haven’t had my coffee.
But, I have come to the place of accepting that I am only ever going to be a normal human once coffee is running through my veins.
I also don’t know if I’ll ever be normal. So, there’s that.
But this post is not about ya’ll trying to get all deep, INSIGHTFUL and trying to figure out the inner workings and human nature of Taylor. Whatever that means.
It’s about chicken. And zucchini noodles, and a creamy, 6 ingredient sauce that tastes like Spring time just hit you square in the MOUF.
Also, lemon CHIA SEED. I bet you expected lemon and POPPY SEEDS amIright?
Remember the Paleo Egg Muffins? It’s ALL about the plot twists here on FFF. I just like to keep ya on your TIPPY toes.
Back to chicken.
Have you noticed that I go on recipe binges? Like, only a couple weeks back, we had those Slow Cooker Energy Bars, which was the first recipe EVER to have chia seeds. And then chia seeds are rearing their black and REALLY small little heads AGAIN today.
But, they’re really fashionable and trendy right now. Like dogs in purses.
Which should have never been fashionable EVER, if you’re wanting my opinion.
Why is this post all over the place?
For so long, I only thought of chia as those totally creepy little heads that grow “hair.” They really didn’t come in my radar as something that makes me go “NUM.” Until, you know, I actually tried using them.
And clearly, we are now eating them in ALL DA FOODS.
The rest of this SUPER DUPER FULL of healthy YUM dinner is SUPER DUPER simple.
Like, just take a spoon to some Greek yogurt (Protein <3) with some FRESH lemon juice, and some other spices for a little bit of FLAVAH. Let it do its spoon “thang” (read: Stir it) and then show that chicken who’s boss (read, the sequel: bake it.)
Once that’s done, a few cranks of a spiralizer is all you need to make some zoodles. Pop that chicken on top, hit ‘er with some more lemon juice, parsley and Feta cheese <– Don’t skip that.
Now, look at your plate and feel like you’ve just created the fanciest dinner EVER in abouuuut 30 mins.
It’s SEWWWW fancy, you should even have a white wine cocktail with it.
I won’t tell, I promise. 🙂
I also shared the Greek Yogurt Lemon Chia Chicken recipe on Melanie Makes. So be sure to check it out there as well!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp of lemon juice, honey, Chia seeds, 1 tsp Olive Oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the chicken into the bowl and spoon the mixture over-top so it is well covered. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat you oven to 350 degree and pour the chicken, along with the yogurt mixture into a small baking dish. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink throughout, about 25-30 minutes. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to let the meat rest.
- While the chicken cooks, spiralize the zucchini noodles using the 3mm blade of your spiralzer (you can also use a mandolin if you don’t have a spiralzer.) Place the noodles into a strainer and set over top of a medium bowl. Lightly sprinkle the zucchini noodles with salt and let strain for 30 minutes to release the water, stirring around every so often.
- To assemble:
- Squeeze out as much remaining liquid from the zucchini noodles as you can and place into a bowl. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and squeeze of fresh lime juice. Toss to evenly coat and divide between two plates.
- Place the chicken on top of the zucchini noodles and whisk the sauce until it begins to come together (it will be a little clumpy) divide the sauce over top of each plate.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, parsley and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations!
Want more zucchini noodles?
Zucchini Noodles with Raw Tomato Sauce
Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Zucchini Noodles
Pizza Zucchini Lasagna
Yogurt Chicken recipes from around the web:
Greek Yogurt Pesto Chicken Pasta – Little Broken
Turkey Tikka Burger with Mango Chutney Yogurt Sauce – Melanie Makes
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!