These zucchini noodles are covered with a creamy Greek yogurt roasted red pepper pasta sauce for an easy, protein packed, meatless dinner, that is under 300 calories and that the whole family will love!
PIN Zucchini with Greek Yogurt Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
Surprise! Another recipe with roasted red peppers.
I know, you’re really not surprised by this roasted pepper pasta, because we’ve been eating things like spiralized zucchini casserole with red peppers and roasted red peppers egg custard regularly. Sooooo, that was a totally lame and corny way to start this.
Let’s try again.
You know that term for really rich people that they are “rolling in the dough?” I am not that.
I wish I was that. However, I am rolling in something…roasted red peppers. Like I just mentioned, we have been eating them on everything.
I’m kidding, it’s not that bad. But almost.
Anyway, I did already warn you guys about this so I only feel kinda bad. Plus, I promise this will be the last for awhile.
My Aunt gave me this mandolin a few years ago for Christmas, and I have never used it. Not for lack of wanting to, but because I was
scared I would chop my finger tips off unsure of how it worked.
But then she came for dinner and showed me how to use it. I don’t know what I was afraid of because it’s SO easy to use aaaand it makes chopping veggies so much faster. Especially for slicing them really thin like making low carb paleo zucchini lasagna or scalloped sweet potatoes.
Now that I knew how to use the thing, I needed something to practice my mandolin skillz on. Just as I was pondering this, my neighbours came over with a random crate of veggies for me from their garden. In it was the biggest zucchini I have ever seen. It probably weighed as much as I do.
So, off I went with my mandolin and in seconds I had yummy ribbons of low carb, gluten free, healthy x 1000 zucchini noodles! Happy happy happy.
Of course, you could just use a spiralizer. But, just telling you that you have OPTIONS!
Now what to top it with? Well, you know how I talked about my make-healthy-creamy-sauces-and-put-them-on-everything phase that I was going through back in the corn and tomatillo salad days? I’m still riding those coat-tails.
And, as mentioned, I am also still rolling around in roasted red peppers.
I don’t know if I can fit any more healthy sounding phrases into one sentence guys. These zucchini noodles with that CREAMY red pepper pasta sauce are like a nutritionist on a plate.
I ate this on the couch during one of our many “Lost” marathon nights (side note: have you guys watched this show? We have wasted a zillion hours of our life on it, but it is ADDICTING!) and Mr. FFF tried a few bites (not too many cause, you know, DAIRY INTOLERANCE)
But, even with a few bites we both agreed that we felt like we were eating in a fancy, Italian restaurant.
Yay for feeling like you got to go out for a fancy dinner, but getting to stay in your leopard print PJ’s all day.
Not that I would know anything about that.
- For Noodles:
- 4 Medium zucchinis, spiralized with blade b
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Canned roasted red peppers, drained, sliced and tightly packed
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 1/2 Cup Feta cheese
- Fresh basil, sliced
- Toss the zucchini noodles with a pinch of salt and let them sit in a strainer over a bowl for 20-30 minutes. Stir them around a few times while they strain. This will bring a lot of the water out.
- While the noodles strain you can make the sauce!
- Throw all the other ingredients, up to the feta in a small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken up.
- When the noodles are strained, toss them in a pan set on high heat until they are lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Then, throw in the sauce and and cook until the sauce has warmed through.
- Garnish with fresh basil and feta cheese and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 8 Points+: 8. Old Points: 6