These spicy-sweet breakfast bites are sponsored by my friends over at PlantFusion! I love the tasty protein punch they bring!
These vegan protein muffins are loaded with spicy-sweet chai and vanilla flavor! They’re an easy, gluten free and vegan friendly portable breakfast or healthy snack!
Chai in your mornin’ protein muffin munchin’ >>>> Chai in your cup.
Yes, my peeps, we are taking chai tea out of its natural habitat (your cup, for those of your that just experienced the real life struggle of waking up on MONDAY MORNING, and aren’t quiiiite following.)
But, there’s this part of me that needs to tell you that you MAYYY just come to the realization that, ACTUALLY, we have been doing the chai dance WRONG for our whole lives. Ummm, liiiike, why would you slurp down spicy-sweet goodness when you could CHEW through every soft, tender bite of it INSTEAD.
Yep, definitely doin’ it wrong.
But, in the effort to not focus on negativity and dark-cloud things that are wrong because MONDAY has enough o’ that on its own, let’s talk about light-happy-healthy things instead: namely this ACTUALLY SO GOOD (organic!!) Vegan Protein Powder from PlantFusion!
If you’re like Taylor pre-PlantFusion tasting then I know what you’re doing right now. You’re telling me that “no thank you, I don’t like vegan protein powders because the texture and taste is just always….meh.”
I understand you. My thoughts were also not-so-happy ones when it came to the discussion of plant-based protein powders. Which, is why I was a leeeetle leery about trying PlantFusion…especially when I learned it is packed with fermented foods to help digestion.
I mean, I’m all about happy stomachs and all, but “fermented” doesn’t sound quite, you know, TASTY.
BUT, in an effort to be a protein-inclusivist I decided to PRESS ON.
!!!! <— The only way I can describe how BOTH the Huberoni and I reacted when we tried BOTH the protein powder and their AWESOME ready-to-drink shakes (portable protein FOR THE WIN guys!)[Tweet “Boost your protein with a #Vegan Vanilla Coconut Chai Protein #Glutenfree Muffin! @Plantfusion”]
First off: it BLENDS. Like, just in WATER. No weird chunkies, no weird globby bits. Just smoooooooth, creamy vanilla flavor that ends with bursts of spicy-sweet cinnamon! Ginger! Nutmeg! Cloves! All the spices that your chai loving mouth will be search for. They’re alllll there.
And that’s all PACKED into these light, tender, moist (don’t hate the word) little vegan gluten free muffins that have an extra protein PUNCH to keep you from chewin’ your arm off between now –> lunch. Portable breakfast or healthy snack, you can pick what feel-good vibes you want these muffins to be. It’s ALL YOU.
You might even want to pick both. Because, in my books, two gluten free muffins are always a better life choice than just one.
I feel like you know this too.
Plusplusplus these gluten free muffins are the epitome of things that are easy to make. You could probably even make them RIGHT now, W-I-T-H your still-half-asleep-why-am-I-alive-why-is-it-not-Friday-and-where-is-my-coffee brain.
You really could do it. I pinky promise.
Ohohoh! As if that wasn’t enough, they also FREEZE really well. So, you can be that ultra-prepared and awesome person that I know you are and make a big batch. Then just let the freezer babysit them until that creamy-spicy-sweet flavor calls out to you.
Grab –> Go –> feel the healthy GLOW.
Vegan Vanilla Chai Protein Muffins
These vegan protein muffins are loaded with spicy-sweet chai and vanilla flavor! They're an easy, gluten free and vegan friendly portable breakfast or healthy snack!
- 3 Tbsp Flax meal
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Warm water divided
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes + additional for topping
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat flour 150g, Click to watch a video on how to make your own oat flour!
- 1/2 Cup Plant Fusion Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 Cup Agave
- 1 Tbsp Raw vanilla extract
- Place the flax meal into a small bowl and add in 1/2 cup of the warm water, reserving the rest for later. Stir to combine and place into the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil. Additionally, spread the coconut flakes onto a small baking pan and place into the oven until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. They toast quickly, so keep an eye on them!
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, clove and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp of the melted coconut oil with 4 Tbsp of the remaining water, and the baking powder until well combined and fizzy.
- Add in the remaining coconut oil, water, coconut sugar, apple sauce, agave and vanilla. With an electric hand mixer, beat until well combined. Then, add in the chilled flax eggs and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Your batter will be pretty thick,
- Spoon the dough into the muffin tin, filling the cavities only 3/4 full. * Sprinkle on a few more coconut flakes.
- Bake until the muffins are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 13-14 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature in the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*I use a big ice cream scoop to make my muffins, as I find it gives them perfectly domed tops!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT PLANTFUSION. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
STAY IN TOUCH WITH PLANTFUSION ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK / TWITTER / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 9 Points+: 6. Old Points: 4
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more easy, vegan breakfasts?