This slow cooker paleo pulled pork has a little “island” flair and is easy to make. Great for a healthy weeknight meal that basically makes itself!
Pin Slow Cooker Paleo Pulled Pork
Is it just me or as soon as the weather cools down do you just wanna ram your face into a sandwich piled HIGH with pulled pork?
I feel like ram might be too graphic of a word for eating a pulled pork sandwich. But, that’s what came to my mind and that is what I am going to stick with!
I know we just ate chipotle healthy keto pulled pork and it wasn’t that long ago that we had “pho” slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches (MUST TRY!!) but I’m just going on a pulled pork bender right now, if you must know. And, I hope you’re willing to stick around for it.
Especially because this one is loaded with sweet and spicy Island flavor and is going to make you think you’re on a beach in hawaii….as long as you have a REAL good imagination, that is 😊
Other Healthy Pork Recipes
Asian Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
Honey Mustard Slow Cooker Pork Loin and Rice
Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Tacos
Slow Cooker Paleo Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 Whole wheat OR Gluten free hamburger buns OR lettuce for paleo option
- Paleo friendly BBQ sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients up to the cayenne.
- Using your fingers, rub spices together to ensure that ginger is evenly dispersed. Then, rub the spice mixture all over pork.
- Put the pork in the slow cooker fat side up and pour the apple cider over top of the pork and add in the bay leaf.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Then, remove the pork from slow cook and shred it using 2 forks.
- Skim the fat off the liquid in the slow cooker and drizzle a couple tablespoons of the liquid over the meat and stir around.
- Serve on a bun or lettuce with BBQ sauce (your favorite) and sprinkled with fresh cilantro!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
(per 1/10 of the recipe – no bun included)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!