Just wanted you to know that these sweet and chewy paleo vegan pecan pie bars are sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
These easy, healthy pecan pie bars are only 8 ingredients and have a pumpkin spice spin! A gluten/grain/dairy/egg free dessert for Thanksgiving!
PIN Pumpkin Spice Paleo Vegan Pecan Pie Bars
I know, I know, I KNOW.
I may have even snuck in some gluten free vegan PUMPKIN cinnamon rolls.
What can I say? I am NOT a woman of mystery. If I make you something you can PROBABLY expect that I am going to throw it at you eleventy billion ways, until you no longer want to ever see pumpkin spice again. SORRY NOT SORRY.
Except, let’s be real, you want to see pumpkin spice-flavored food forever and ever the end. I KNOW HOW YOU THINK.
Internet peeps. I thought we nailed it with chocolate paleo pecan pie bars, but these crispy-yet-CHEWY bars, with their stupid-easy-coconut-flour vegan pecan pie crust?
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY. Your Thanksgiving-food-lovin’ mouths are in for a TREAT.
From their crunchy-spiced-crust to their SUPER NUTTY, toasty, pecan-centric topping, that has JUST the right amount of chewy, these paleo pecan pie bars are going to be stealing the show on your holiday table.
Last week we agreed that “turkey day” is not actually about the turkey AT ALL, but about the side dishes – HELLO scalloped sweet potatoes and easy gluten free stuffing – but I think we can amend our agreement to be ALL about the DESSERTS. Or really, ALL ABOUT these paleo vegan pecan pie bars.
Real talk internet friends: when is life NOT about the dessert? I know you agree with me on this
Spoiler alert: making a vegan pecan pie recipe is actually REALLY REALLY hard. It takes all this rolling, cutting and having the ability to form CIRCLES of dough to perfectly fit into a pie plate. Trust me, I learned my lesson when I made sugar free low carb keto pecan pie.[clickToTweet tweet=”Make #Thanksgiving delicious with easy #vegan & #paleo Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pie Bars! @Amorettifoods” quote=”Make #Thanksgiving delicious with easy #vegan & #paleo Pumpkin Spice Pecan Pie Bars! @Amorettifoods” theme=”style2″]
If you’re anything like me in the sense that geometry? IT IS HARD, you are RLY RLY going to like how making pecan bars nixes that pesky circular-shape-rolling shenanigans.
Minimal steps to healthy pecan pie for your face? SO SO into that right now.
And, liiike, FOREVER.
Amoretti has also given me a new obsession: making pie flavored things that – PYSCH – are NOT pie! Last month, we ate apple paleo cheesecake with caramel with their “apple pie with crust” extract and THIS MONTH? Paleo vegan pecan pie bars are coming at you with their Natural Pumpkin Pie Extract!
It gives these paleo vegan pecan pie bars all the fall-flavors of cinnamon, cloves and ginger that your tickles your taste buds with happy-cozy-feels but without all that SUPER weird, chunky spice-shenanigans that can happen when you mix ground spices with liquid ingredients.
PLUS, pumpkin pie flavored WITHOUT the work OR not-so-good-for-you ingredients.
MMMHMMMM MMMHMMM MMHMMMM.
Interesting facts that you need to know about these paleo vegan pecan pie bars:
- They’re only 8 Ingredients. Which is less fingers than you have
Which is really neither here nor there, but it DOES mean that they are STUPID SIMPLE <– IE. Just what you LIKE.
- Because of aforementioned pumpkin spice obsession, I threw a little pumpkin puree on top for kicks. Also, because it gives these healthy pecan pie bars a little bright orange PRETTYNESS that makes them EVEN more incr-EDIBLE
- You DO need to chill these paleo vegan pecan pie bars OVERNIGHT. I already saw your hungry-for-pecan-pie-bars NOW minds turning and thinking you would try to CHEAT the recipe and SKIP IT.
We’ve been hanging out for almost 5 years, my internet friends. I KNOW HOW YOU OPERATE BY NOW.
Which means I also know that you’re going to be joining me UNDER the thanksgiving table, munching back the ENTIRE tray of these little gems.
We’ve GOT THEM ON AND READY.
For the crust:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle to get the bars out of the pan once chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat the maple syrup and coconut oil together using an electric hand beater until creamy and well combined. Stir in the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake until the edges are a deep golden brown, and the middle is lightly golden, about 14-15 minutes. ** Your crust will probably have risen and cracked a little bit when it comes out of the oven, use the back of a small spoon to pack it down so it’s flat and crack-free. Let cool for 1 hour before starting the topping.
- Additionally, as soon as the crust comes out of the oven, whisk the flax meal with the warm water and refrigerate, so the egg can gel up for the hour that the crust is cooling.
- In the meantime, place the pecans onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake them into the oven until they darken and smell "nutty" about 8-10 minutes. Let cool and then roughly chop and set aside.
- Once the crust has cooled for 1 hours, combine the remaining coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, Pumpkin Pie Extract and salt in a large sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, stirring frequently and then remove from heat. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Once it has sat, add the chilled flax eggs and mix well. Finally, stir in the chopped pecans until they are coated in the sugar mixture.
- Pour the topping over the crust, using a spoon to spread out and make sure the sugar mixture and pecans are evenly coating the crust. Press the pecans lightly so they lay flat.
- Dollop the canned pumpkin over top of the pecan mixture and use a sharp knife to swirl it around.
- Bake until the filling looks set, about 20 minutes. Let stand until it comes down to room temperature. Then, refrigerate for at least 6 hours - overnight ***
- Once chilled, slice and DEVOUR. ****
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
AMORETTI IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 10 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN BOTTLE OF NATURAL PUMPKIN PIE EXTRACT SO YOU CAN MAKE THESE BARS! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 11/15/2017 until 11/22/2017. 10 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!