This quick and easy pumpkin protein oatmeal recipe is ready in 10 minutes and taste like waking up to healthy and gluten free pumpkin pie for breakfast!
How I love you Pumpkin pie protein oatmeal. Let me just count the ways:
- You satisfy my morning hangry self with your whole grain, ULTRA FILLING goodness…that even lasts me UNTIL LUNCH
- If I eat you while I sip upon a steaming cup o’ Joe, I totally get the trendy feels of drinking a pumpkin spice latte…WITHOUT the hefty price tag and in the comfort of my PJS THANK U VERY MUCH.
- You pumpkin-pump-up my muscles with your powerhouse PROTEIN.
- You’re pumpkin.
Which means, really, you can do NO WRONG.
Can you get behind this bowl of creamy goodness if I am REALLY honest with you for a second and tell you that I have actually N-O-T been eating oatmeal for every breakfast of my real person life lately?
You’re shocked. You’re dumbfounded. You don’t know what to say. You feel like I have been LYING TO YOU.
Once my morning self tasted the sweet potato breakfast bowl, there was just NO GOING BACK.
Until a creamy bowl of fluffy oats, mixed with the PERFECT amount of pumpkin and spicy-sweet maple, cinnamon and ginger waltzed its cozy little presence into my taste buds and made we wonder WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY MORNINGS?
You know that saying “absence makes the heart grow fonder?” I BET someone invented that when they started eating their old favorite food again and it was made NEW.
It’s totally not about human relationships. We all know our food relationships are SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.
Don’t tell Mr. FFF I said that.
This is the kind of breakfast that makes everything feel right in the world. It makes your mornings feel shiny and new, and like you can accomplish ANYTHING that real-life-you put your mind to.
Have to get out of bed and adult today? YOU GOT THIS. Know your boss is going to make you stay overtime today? NO PROBLEM. YOU GONNA KILL IT.
Just like the cookie dough protein oatmeal from a few weeks back, it’s also mega-super-jam-packed with PROTEIN and healthy, wholesome, real-food carbs to make your tummy and muscles happy until the next time you get to eat.
Side note: if you’re anything like me, you already know when that will be down to the MINUTE. #NoShame
There are a few key notes when we are talking about how do you make protein porridge that you need to know:
- Protein powder is, liiike, ULTRA absorbent. So, you need to make your oats a LITTLE runnier than you would normally eat them. Once you stir-stir-stir in the protein, you are going to achieve ULTIMATE protein-packed-oat-consistency.
- You CAN leave out the butter extract if you don’t have it. How-EV-er, it really gives this buttery, “crusty” vibe to the oats and is PRETTY key in painting the whole picture of “pumpkin pie” for your taste buds.
So, uhm, INCLUDE IT.
Unless you want a paleo version. Then, try this paleo pumpkin porridge from Gluten-Free Palate!
Internet friends: adulting/life/morning are hard.
Being-super-awesome-and-eating-a-healthy-breakfast(with PUMPKIN <3) doesn’t have to be.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 1/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Old fashioned rolled oats (Gluten free if needed)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 6 Tbsp Vanilla protein powder, of choice
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Natural butter extract
- Pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the almond milk, oats, pie spice and salt in a medium pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Boil one minute, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently so the bottom doesn't burn, until the mixture is thick but still creamy and the oats are soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in all other ingredients.
- Top with pecans (if using) and DEVOUR immediately!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(with whey protein – will vary slightly based on your protein powder)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!